If you have just recently joined Yahoo – for example, with the help of this or this guide – you may have a need to import your contacts from other email services. Another way to get your contacts into your new email address is to use your accounts in social networks, especially in such a prominent social network as Facebook. This step-by-step guide will show you how to import Yahoo contacts exactly from Facebook, but you can do so with any other email service (like Hotmail or Gmail) by following the same instructions, but just changing Facebook for another service at one stage. Enjoy!
- Before you will get to import Yahoo contacts, you need to access the main webpage of this service first: http://yahoo.com/.
Prior to getting Facebook contacts imported, you need to access your Yahoo inbox first
- On Yahoo’s main webpage, you need to click on the “Sign in” button.
Enter your email address and click on „Next“
- You will get to see the sign in form of Yahoo. First, you will be asked to type your password in the given field. After doing so, don’t forget to click on the “Next” button.
On this page, you are required to type your password in the given field
- On the following page, you will have to type the password of your Yahoo account in. Finalize the sign in process by clicking on the “Sign in” button.
Click on any of these buttons and access the inbox
- After you have got to see Yahoo’s main webpage once again, you need to access your inbox by clicking on any of two icons: your profile’s icon or the “Mail” button.
By clicking on this button, you can start the process of importing contacts
- In the inbox, you have to draw your attention to the left side of the page. There, you will get to see a menu of tiny buttons. You need to click on the second button – “Contacts.” Do so.
Choose the service you want to import contacts from and click on “Import”
- After doing so, you will get to see a notification that you have no people in your contacts. At the same time, you will be offered to import Yahoo contacts from such services like Facebook, Google, Outlook.com, Yahoo, and other email services. Click on the “Import” button, placed near Facebook.
Give access to your Yahoo account and proceed further
- In a new window, Yahoo will ask you to grant access to your Facebook profile. You should click on the “Continue as…” button.
You can stop importing contacts anytime by clicking on this “Disconnect” text button
- Right after completing that action, you will get to see that the list of your contacts is growing. Depending on the number of your contacts on Facebook, the procedure of import might take quite a while. Now, you can make use of the contacts you have in your social networks. New contacts will be imported on a daily basis, but you can stop synchronization with Facebook by clicking on the “Disconnect” button anytime.