The first thing you should do after joining the Yahoo mail is configuring your Yahoo settings.
Indeed, it is better to make sure from the very beginning that your mail is managed in a proper way. There are quite a few settings that you may find useful and that will allow you to actually enjoy the experience of using Yahoo. If you need any help with changing your Yahoo settings, just stick to the guidelines published below.
Sign in to the Yahoo system in order to change the settings of your account
- The first step you must make is going to the Yahoo website: http://yahoo.com/.
Enter your email address and click on this button for logging in
- Then, find the “Sign in” button in the right-upper part of the page. Give it a click.
Then, click on the button of mail and access your Yahoo account
- Enter the email address on the next page. Click on “Next.” Enter the password and click on the “Sign in” button.
In order to change your Yahoo settings, you need to click here
- After doing so, you will get to see the main page of Yahoo again. This time, however, you will be logged in. Click on the mail button, placed, once again, in the right-upper part of the page.
After choosing other options, you need to click on the “Save” button
- After doing so, you will access your Yahoo mail. To the left side from your profile name, find the button of settings. Click on it.
There are many categories of settings you need to configure
- By doing so, you will trigger a pop-up menu. In that menu, click on “Settings.”
- Right after it, you will get to see the window of settings. On the left, there will be a menu of settings. In particular, four sections of the Yahoo settings interest us here: viewing email, writing email, vacation response, and filters.
You are able to set up a vacation response (or an automatic reply, as it is known more) in this window
- In the viewing email section, you are able to change the way you view your letters. After enabling or disabling the features you want, click on the “Save” button, placed in the left-bottom corner.
- Go to the section of writing email. In this window, you are able to configure the way you are writing letters. The first two fields allow you to enable/disable auto adding contacts in the contact list and auto generation of links. Below those fields, you are able to apply the font style of your letters you wish. And the last option is choosing a primary account for sending. Click on “Save.”
Also, you can take advantage of Yahoo filters and sort out your mail more efficiently
- Go to the section of vacation response. If you want to set up such a response, place a tick near the first field, specify the start and end dates, and write what you wish to be sent in the given window. Click on “Save.”
- In the section of filters, you are able to add filters for sorting out your mail. Just click on the “Add” button and specify the settings of the filter. After doing so, click on “Save.”