Considering that all your messages on WhatsApp are encrypted, this messenger tends to be a good place for storing information. Fortunately, WhatsApp provides you all control over your data and chats and you can do with them almost anything you want. This guide will teach you how to manage WhatsApp chat history, which may be important in many cases. Actually, you can configure email all or some of your chats, archive them, clear chats, or delete all of them at all. If you need to do anything of that with your chats, then follow the guidelines of this article!
In order to learn how to manage WhatsApp chat history, you need to start this application
- Before you will be able to manage all your chats on WhatsApp, you need to find the icon of this app on your smartphone and tap on it. That will launch the application.
The next step of yours must be accessing the menu of this app
- Once you have done that, you will get to see the WhatsApp page with the conversations and chats of yours. In the right-upper part of the screen, there will be a three-dotted menu button – you need to tap on it.
You need to access the page of the settings of the WhatsApp’s account by tapping here
- By having done that action, you will trigger a pop-up menu, in which you should tap on “Settings.”
You are able to manage WhatsApp chat history on the page of “Chat” settings
- You will get to see the page of the settings of your WhatsApp account. In order to manage your chats on this messenger, you need to tap on “Chats.”
Access this section and get to manage WhatsApp chat history
- Once you have accessed that page, you will have to tap on the “Chat History” option, placed at the bottom of that page.
Here, you can do anything you want with your chat data, and that doesn’t tend to be difficult (for example, try to send the chats to someone)
- Now, you have just entered the page where you can manage the entire history of chatting of yours. There are the following options of managing your chats: email chat, archive all chats, clear all chats, or delete all chats.
- For example, let’s suppose that you have opted to email a chat. For that, you need to tap on the first option.
Now, you can choose whom you want to send all the chats of yours
- Once you have done that, you will get to see a new page with a list of contacts. There, you need to select what conversation you want to email by tapping on it. Once you have done that, the chat will be emailed to you.
- You can also delete all chats. If you wish to do that, select the last option.
After all, you can erase the entire history and delete all the chats
- Then, tap on the “DELETE” text button in order to delete all chats.
More WhatsApp guides can be found on this page.