As it has already been mentioned in other articles in this section, WhatsApp is the most popular messenger in the world and can boast the audience of over 1 billion users. So, the chances are that there are many friends and colleagues of yours who use this messenger. Thus, you may consider to create WhatsApp chat shortcuts, which will make the experience of using this messenger far smoother. If there are people with whom you often talk in this messenger, you can create a shortcut of the chat with those people and access the chats directly instead of browsing conversations. This guide will show you how to do it with ease!
The first thing you should do is to run this messenger app
- In the first place, you should look for the icon of WhatsApp on your smartphone. And, once you have found the icon, tap on it in order to run the application.
In order to create WhatsApp chat shortcuts, you need to select a contact whose chat you want to shortcut simply by clicking on it
- Right after that, you will get to see the WhatsApp page with all your conversation. Now, you have to tap on a conversation that you want to shortcut to your homescreen.
After accessing the chat the shortcut of which you wish to create, you need to click on this icon and call a menu
- Once you have opened that conversation and got to see your messages, you will see a menu of the settings, located in the right-upper corner of the conversation page. Click on it in order to create a chat shortcut.
At this point, you can click on the “More” menu item in order to create WhatsApp chat shortcuts
- In that pop-up menu you have just triggered, you will get to see the following menu items: View contact, Media, Search, Mute notifications, Wallpaper, and More. You need to tap on the “More” menu item.
You can create WhatsApp chat shortcuts by tapping on this menu item in the conversation
- That action of yours will prompt another pop-up menu. That menu, however, must contain the following options: Block, Clear chat, Email chat, and Add shortcut. As you can guess, you need to tap on the latter menu item.
You will get to see such a notification that a chat shortcut has been created on your smartphone
- After that, you will get to see a small notification that a chat shortcut has just been created. Now, you can go to the homescreen of your smartphone and find that shortcut.
This way looks a chat shortcut that has just been generated
- This way, you can create more chat shortcuts. We recommend you to place all of them in a separate folder on your phone, if there are more than two such chats.
Apart from it, our website contains many other guides for WhatsApp. You can access these guides on this page.