When it comes to notifications, WhatsApp allows you to configure all the settings regarding this issue. In this guide, we are going to uncover how to configure WhatsApp group notifications with ease. In particular, you will be able to change the ringtone, apply a different light to the notification, enable popups and vibration. And while this procedure will not take more than a couple of minutes of your time, it may make your phone sound and look far better.
If you want to configure WhatsApp group notifications, you should give a click to this icon and run the app
- In the first place, you should find the icon of WhatsApp on your smartphone’s homescreen and tap on it. That will get this messenger running.
The next step of yours must be prompting a pop-up menu
- After you have opened the app, you will get to see the main page with conversation. You need to click on the button, placed in the right-upper part of the page. That will call a menu of settings.
In this menu, you can select this menu item and access the page of your account’s settings
- Once you have triggered that menu, you can tap on “Settings.”
You can configure WhatsApp group notifications on the “Notifications” page of settings
- After you have done that action, you should proceed further by selecting “Notifications” among other sections of the settings of your account.
The first thing you can configure is the ringtone you will get to hear when receiving group notifications
- Now, you have just accessed the page where you can configure WhatsApp group notifications. There are four settings you can configure: notification tone, vibrate, popup notification, and light. You should click on the notification tone in the first place.
Once you have selected a ringtone for group notifications, you need to click on this button
- Now, you can choose a sound for all group notifications. You can play it by tapping on the sound’s name (not on “Apply”). Once you have chosen a sound, tap on the “Apply” button.
You can also specify whether you want popup notifications or not
- After that, you can adjust popups. By default, popups are turned off. Yet, you can choose one of the following options: only when screen “on,” only when screen “off,” and always show popup.
Here, you can specify whether you want popup notifications to be displayed
- Then, you can configure the settings of the vibration. There are the following options available: off, default (by default), short, and long.
Vibrations can be applied for WhatsApp group notifications as well
- After all, you should tap on the “Light” setting. It defines the notification of which light you will get to see, and there are 8 various options available. Select one of the options simply by tapping on it.
After all, you should choose the light of group notifications that you will get to see
- Now, you have just configured the group notifications settings.
But you can also learn how to change the mobile phone number on WhatsApp.