As it was previously mentioned, your WhatsApp account is linked to your mobile number. But what if you have to change it? Or, even more, what if you lost your mobile number? This step-by-step guide will disclose how to change WhatsApp mobile number in detail and with images. Thus, you need just to follow the instructions provided in this article, and all what is required from you is a couple of minutes of the free time. Enjoy!
If you wish to learn how to change WhatsApp mobile number, click on this icon and proceed to the guide below
- Before you will get to change WhatsApp mobile number, you need to find the application’s icon on your smartphone and run the app by tapping on it.
Tap on this button in order to call a menu of the application and proceed further
- Then, you will get to see the app’s page with your chats and conversations. You need to tap on the button that is located in the right-upper corner.
Give a click to this menu option and access your account’s page of settings
- That action of yours will call a pop-up menu, in which you should select the “Settings” menu item.
You will be able to change WhatsApp mobile number of yours if you access this section of your account’s settings
- Once you have got to see the page of your WhatsApp account’s settings, you need to click on your profile photo, which is placed at the very top.
In order to change WhatsApp mobile number, click on the actual mobile number and proceed further
- After doing that, you will see the page where you can set up a new mobile number for your WhatsApp account. You need to click on your current mobile number, displayed at the bottom.
If you wish to start the process of changing the number, click on this button
- On the following page, you will have to click on the “NEXT” button, which is placed in the right-upper corner of the screen.
You need to enter the old mobile number in the first field and the new mobile number in the second field
- On the next page, you will see two fields. In the first field, you should type your previous (or still current) mobile number, while the new mobile number should be typed in the second field. Once you are done with that, you should click on the “DONE” button, which is also placed in the right-upper corner.
You will have to enter a code from an SMS message that will be sent to your new mobile number
- Then, you will receive an SMS message with a verification code onto your new mobile number. Type that code in the field on the next page.
Right after confirming the verification, you will notice that your WhatsApp mobile number has changed
- After you have typed that code in the provided field, you will get a notification that your phone number has been successfully changed.
You still don’t have an account on WhatsApp? Read this guide to WhatsApp and get started!