Once you have registered an account on VK, you will notice that (naturally) it has not been customized. In order to do it, you will have to configure general VK settings. Actually, there is nothing difficult in doing so and it won’t take a lot of your time. Our step-by-step guide will show you how to configure your newly created VK account with ease and within a couple of moments – all you have to do is to follow the instructions, provided below.
- In the first place, you should launch the browser of yours and access the following webpage: https://vk.com/.
First of all, you have to provide your login, password, and click on the “Log in” button
- That webpage is the main page of VK, and you will see two forms placed on the right side of that page: the VK sign in form at the top and the VK sign up form placed lower. You need to use the first form in order to sign in to your VK account.
The second step of yours must be checking this box and proving that you are a human
- Begin by entering your email address or phone number in the first field of the sign in form. Then, type your password in the second field and click on the “Log in” button.
In order to configure general VK settings, you need to click on this profile photo of yours and trigger a pop-up menu
- Then, prove that you are a human by checking the box in the pop-up window.
In this menu, you have to select “Settings”
- After accessing your VK account, you should click on your small profile photo and name, placed in the upper part of the page.
This way looks the page of your account’s general settings, and so you are able to configure general VK settings of yours on this page
- That will prompt a pop-up menu, in which you should give a click to the “Settings” menu item.
The remaining settings in the “General” section
- After doing so, you will get to see the page of general VK settings. In our other guides in this section, you can see how to change your email address, phone number, or password. So, let’s configure the other settings.
- In the “Profile settings” part, you can hide your gifts from others, show only your posts by default, disable comments on your wall for other users, disable autoplay videos, disable autoplay GIFs, disable suggesting stickers, and turn on accessibility features. You need just to check or uncheck the boxes you want and to proceed further.
You are also able to add or remove menu items to your menu located on the left (friends, communities, etc.)
- In the section of your account (situated below the “Phone number”), you can change the id for the name you want. Just click on the “Change” text button and type the name you wish (and which is available as well).
- At the bottom, you can select the language of the interface. Just click on “Change” and choose the language you wish. There, you can also delete your VK account.
Uncheck sections that you want to be removed from your menu
- Now, you might have noticed the “Menu settings” at the top. Click on the “Set up menu items.”
- Now, check or uncheck the menu items you wish or you don’t wish to see. Once you are done with this, click on “Save.”