Once you have signed up for VK, you should keep an eye on the security of your account. Besides, it is recommended to change your VK password from time to time, which will make it more difficult to hack your account. Our step-by-step guide shows how to change your VK password and demonstrates that there is nothing difficult or time-consuming in doing so.
- First of all, you have to open your browser and access the following website: https://vk.com/.
You can easily change your VK password, but the first thing you must do is to sign in to your account
- Right after doing so, you will get to see the main webpage of VK. In the right side of that page, there will be two VK forms: the VK sign in form (upper) and the VK sign up form (lower). You need to use the upper one in order to log in to your VK account.
Check the box in order to prove that you are not a robot
- For the purpose of logging in to your account, you need to enter your email address or mobile phone number in the first field of the sign in form. Then, enter your password in the second field and click on the “Log in” button.
In order to change your VK password, you need to click on this profile photo and prompt a pop-up menu
- After doing so, you will get to see a pop-up window, requiring you to prove that you are not a robot. Just check the box.
After triggering this pop-up menu, you should select the “Settings” menu item
- After you have accessed your account, you should click on the small photo of your profile, placed in the upper part of the page. That will prompt a pop-up menu, in which you should select the “Settings” menu item.
On the page of your account’s general settings, you can click on the “Change” text button near the “Password” field
- The page of your account’s general settings is the place where you can change your VK password. There, you will see the “Password” field. Click on the “Change” text button nearby.
Here, you need to provide your current password in the first field, as well as to type a new password in the remaining two fields
- After that, you will get to see the pop-up window where you will be able to set up a new password.
You will be asked to enter the Captcha code before being able to move further
- In order to set up a new password, enter your current password in the first field. Then, type a new password in the second field and repeat it with the third field. After doing so, click on the “Change password” button.
This notification shows that you have just changed your password
- Once you have done that, you are likely to see the Captcha. You need to enter the symbols from the Captcha in the given field and click on “Send.”
- Once you have done that, you will get to see a notification, showing that your password has been changed.