Perhaps, privacy is always among the top things one has to think about when using messengers. Viber shouldn’t be an exception in this case either. This guide will show you how to manage Viber privacy settings step by step, so you will be sure that no single piece of your sensitive information gets received by this company or other users. All you have to do from your side is to follow the guidelines, published on this page.
The first thing you should do is to launch this mobile app
- In the first place, you should find the icon of the Viber app and tap on it in order to launch this application.
Once you have accessed Viber, you should tap on this menu icon and prompt a Viber menu
- Once you have accessed the Viber mobile app, you will get to see the page with your Viber chats. In the left-upper corner of that page, you will get to see the menu button, and you have to tap on it.
If you want to manage Viber privacy settings, you have to access the page of your account’s settings in the first place
- Right after that, you will get to see the Viber menu, where you have to tap on the “Settings” option.
This is the section of the settings where you can manage Viber privacy settings
- Following it, you will get to see the page of the settings of your Viber account. It is obvious that you have to tap on the “Privacy” section on that page.
These two sections allow you to manage hidden chats and the users whom you have blocked before
- Now, you have got to see the page where you can manage privacy settings on Viber. There, one should particularly mention the following features:
You can add users to your blocklist by tapping on this button and selecting a user from your contact list
Share “Online” Status. You can prefer others not to see that you are online (but you won’t see who is online either).
Send “Seen” Status. You can prefer others not to see that you have read a message (but you won’t see who has read your messages either).
This section of the privacy settings allows you to manage your hidden chats in Viber
Show your photo. We recommend you to disable showing your photo to the people who are not in your contacts.
Clear trusted contacts. You can clear all your trusted contacts, so no one will ever gain access to your account.
Collect Analytics Data. We highly recommend you not to let the company collect your data.
- Additionally, you will also find such lines like “Hidden Chat” and “Block List.” Those are the places where you can manage hidden chats (make them seen again) or blocked users (unblock them). You have simply to enter those pages and unblock users and/or unhide chats.
More Viber guides can be found on the Viber page of our website.