Among the most important things one should always configure in messengers, one has to mention notifications for sure. If you don’t do it, you may be pretty sure that the notifications become pretty annoying and bothering. This step-by-step guide will show you how to configure notifications in Viber, as there is nothing difficult in doing so and it will not take more than a couple of minutes of your time. Enjoy!
You need to launch the Viber application in the first place
- You should start by finding the Viber app icon on your smartphone and tapping on it. That will launch the application.
You have to tap on this icon in order to trigger a pop-up menu in Viber
- Once you have done that, you will get to see the Viber page with your chats. On that page, you have to tap on the menu icon, which is located in the left-upper corner.
You can tap on this menu item and access the page of your account’s settings, where you will be able to configure notifications in Viber
- Following it, you will get to see a menu on the left side. In that menu, you have to tap on the “Settings” menu item.
If you wish to configure notifications in Viber, you have to tap on this option
- After you have got to see the page of your Viber account’s settings, you should tap on the “Notifications” section.
This is the page where you can configure notifications in Viber
- Now, you have got to see the page where you can configure notifications in Viber. At first, you should configure the following features:
Show message preview. We recommend to keep this feature enabled.
Contact Joined Viber. You can disable this feature if you don’t want to get notifications that your contact has installed Viber.
You can opt to use the system sounds for the notifications if you tap on this button
New Message Popup. You can enable this feature, but we highly don’t recommend it (popups are really annoying).
Light screen for messages. You can disable this feature, if you don’t want to get your screen on when you receive messages.
Unlock for popups. It is not recommended to enable popups at all.
Outgoing messages sounds. You may consider disabling the sounds, if they bother you.
- You may also tap on the button next to “Use system sounds.”
You are able to select a system ringtone you want by tapping here
- Then, you may change a ringtone or a notification sound. For that, you have to tap on “Notification sound” or “Call ringtone.”
You can open the ringtones of your phone theme by tapping on this button
- Following it, you should select where you want to import sound from.
Here, you can select and apply one of the ringtones to serve as a sound for the notifications
- Then, listen to the ringtones and select the one you like by tapping on it.
As you can see, the call ringtone has just been changed
- After that, you will notice that the call ringtone or the notification sound has been changed.
You can find more guides for Viber on this page.