Viber is a messenger that abounds with many useful features, and many users should be aware of how to use such features. One of such useful features is an ability to clear message history in Viber. Sometimes you need to hide something or, perhaps, you don’t want others to notice something. This feature helps you to keep your Viber clean, and no one will find anything. This guide will show you how to clear message history in Viber step by step, so you will be able to do it quickly and with ease.
Before you will be able to clear message history in Viber, you need to launch this mobile application in the first place
- In the first place, you should look for the Viber app icon on your smartphone and tap on it. That will launch the application.
You can tap on this menu icon in order to prompt a Viber menu and continue further to clear message history in Viber
- Following it, you will get to see the page with your chats in Viber. On that page, you have to tap on the menu button, which is placed in the left-upper corner of that page.
If you want to clear the message history in Viber, you should access the page of your Viber account’s settings
- Once you have done that, you will notice that a Viber pop-up menu has been opened up. In that menu, you should tap on the “Settings” option.
You can clear the history of messaging in Viber exactly in this category of the settings
- After you have accessed the page of the settings of your Viber account, you have to tap on the “Calls and messages” section.
You need to tap on this option in order to clear message history in Viber
- Now, you have accessed the page where you can easily clear your history of messaging in Viber. In order to get rid of the message history in Viber, you should tap on the “Clear message history” option there.
If you wish to clear your history of messages in Viber, you should tap on this button and that procedure of clearing the history will start
- Immediately after that, you will get to see a pop-up notification, asking you whether you are sure about deleting the chat history. At that point, you should tap on the “CLEAR” text button.
As you can see, the message history of yours in Viber has been erased
- Once you have done that, you will notice that the “Clear message history” and “Email message history” options have become unavailable. That happened because you don’t have any message history anymore. Now, your account in Viber is crystal clear and no one will find any message on your account.
If you still don’t use Viber, you can find out how to get started on this messenger here.