After you (perhaps) have read the previous articles – Twitter Sign Up and Create Account Twitter – and got registered in this social network, you might need an advice about how to Twitter sign in fast and easily.
Indeed, this step-by-step guide is not limited solely to explaining the procedure of Twitter sign in but also shows how to recover the password for your account. Skip your worries, as none of those actions will take more than a few minutes. So, go ahead!
💻 Twitter Sign In on PC Step by Step:
- First Step. Type the link of Twitter (https://twitter.com/) in the browser’s address line and hit the “Enter” button.
- Second Step. On the right part of the screen (above), you will notice two forms. The form that you will use for signing in to the social network looks and looks like the one pictured on the second image is located above. In the first field of this form, you should enter one of the following: username, email, or phone number, all of which serve as your login. In the second field, type the password you have set up for Twitter in. Click on the blue “Log in” button.
You can see the procedure to recover your password
- Third Step. Let us suppose that you forgot or lost the password from your Twitter account. So for regaining the control over the account, you should use the same Twitter sign in form. Below the password field, you will see a text button with a lettering “Forgot password?” (have a look at the third image). Give it a click.
The first step in recovering the password is searching for your Twitter account
- Fourth Step. In the first place, the system will require you to find your account. So in the newly opened window, type in some of the information that serves as your login (email, username, or phone number). Click on “Search.”
This way you can restore the password with the help of your email account
- Fifth Step. Once you have provided the information linked to your account and found the account, you will be offered with one or several options of restoring the password – it depends on whether you had provided the phone number previously or not. Let us suppose that you hadn’t and, thus, your page should look similar to the 5th image of this guide. If you have control over your email, click on “Continue.” If you cannot access your email account, then click on ¨I don’t have access to any of these.” After that, you will have to contact the Twitter’s support and provide enough information about you and your account (when it was registered, what operating system was you using, etc.).
Click on the “Reset password” button in order to regain the control over your account
- Sixth Step. Considering that you have access to your email account, go to the email inbox. Open the letter from Twitter and click on “Reset password.”
Make up a new and reliable password for your account on Twitter
Seventh Step. You will see the page where you have to set up a new password. Type your new password in the first field and then repeat it in the second field. Click on “Submit.” From that moment, use your new password when you want to sign in to Twitter.
📱 Sign In To Your Twitter Account In the Mobile App:
In the main article of this category, you could find exact instructions on how to use the Twitter mobile app. Indeed, you can sign in to your Twitter account not only in a web browser, but in a mobile app, which makes it easy to use this service on the go. At this point, we will show you how to log in to the Twitter account by using the official mobile application, and you should let us know if you face any difficulties in this process 😊.
You can start the process of signing in to your Twitter account by launching this mobile application
- In the first place, you should start by looking for the Twitter icon on your smartphone and tapping on it.
You need to tap on this text button in order to start the sign in process on Twitter
- Once you have launched this mobile application, you will notice that the large “Get Started” button is placed in the center – you can use it for signing up for Twitter. Yet, now you have to tap on the “Log in” text button, placed at the bottom of that page.
You have to type your email address, phone number or username in this field
- Following it, you will get to see the page where you can log in to your Twitter account. At first, you should enter either your email address or your phone number or your username in the first field.
Your password has to be entered in this field
- That must be followed by entering the password of your Twitter account in the second field.
Now, you can tap on this button and sign in to your account on Twitter
- Once have filled that simple form, you can click on the “Log in” button, which can be found in the right-bottom corner.
As you can see, you have just successfully completed the Twitter sign in procedure in its official mobile app
- Immediately after that, you will access your Twitter account in this app. Besides, you don’t have to sign in to your Twitter account anymore as long as you keep this session active. In other words, you will be able to access your account just by launching this app.
📰 Sign In To Your Twitter Account In a Mobile Browser:
If you wish to use your Twitter account on a smartphone but you don’t want to install its mobile app (for instance, you don’t have space), you can access your Twitter account in a mobile browser. At this point, we will guide you through the Twitter sign in process that you can complete in a mobile browser. As you will notice, this tends to be fairly easy, yet a bit less convenient than with the help of a mobile app. Enjoy!
You are also able to log in to your Twitter account in a mobile browser, and you have to launch that browser for that purpose
- In the first place, you have to open a mobile browser on your smartphone.
- Once you have launched your mobile browser, you should enter the following URL into its address line: twitter.com.
You have to type the URL of Twitter in the address line of your mobile browser
- Then, you will access the mobile version of the Twitter website. On the main webpage of that website, you will get to see several buttons, placed in the center of the screen – you need to tap the “Log in” button.
If you want to sign in to your Twitter account on this website, you need to tap this button and continue the sign in process
- Following it, you will be redirected to the page where you can complete the procedure of signing in to your Twitter account. At first, you should enter your email address (or you can type your phone number or username instead) in the first field of the sign in form.
You need to type your username, phone number, or email address (linked to your Twitter account) in this field
- Then, you have to enter the password of your Twitter account in the next field.
You should also enter the password of your Twitter account here
- Once you are done with filling out this short sign in form, you can tap on the “Log in” button and access your account on Twitter.
Now, you are able to tap this button and access your account on Twitter
- If all the details and information have been entered correctly, you will immediately get to see the page of your Twitter account. Don’t forget that your session will be preserved in this browser unless you will log out of your account on Twitter!
If all the details and information have been entered correctly, you will access your Twitter account immediately
❓ Frequently Asked Questions About Signing In to Twitter:
Q: Where can I sign in to my account on Twitter?
A: If you are a user of this social network, it is obvious that you can sign in to your Twitter account on the official website of this company: www.twitter.com. Additionally, you can install the official mobile application of Twitter and access your Twitter account through that app (you can read how to install the application on this page).
Q: Is the Twitter sign in procedure complicated?
A: As you could have already learnt from this page, the sign in process on Twitter has been made as simple as possible. Basically, you can easily access your account on Twitter via any method, offered on this page – all of them appear to be equally simple and quick.
Q: I am trying to log in to my account on Twitter, but it displays to me that I enter a wrong password. What should I do?
A: Please, double check whether you are entering the last password you have set for your Twitter account. If nothing helps and you still can’t access your account on Twitter, you should recover the password of your Twitter account – you can do it by using this guide.
Q: What should I do if I don’t remember my username on Twitter? How can I access my Twitter account then?
A: As long as you remember the email address and mobile phone number that are linked to your Twitter account, you can sign in to your account on Twitter without big problems. Even if you don’t remember the password of your account, you can recover it with the help of the guide, which was linked in the previous answer. But if you don’t remember any of these data, you should definitely try to contact the customer support (though, the chances of successful account recovery are fairly modest).
Q: Do I have to log in to my Twitter account every time when I want to access it?
A: The answer is fairly clear here: no. As you could notice, Twitter keeps your session active as long as someone who has access to your account (i.e. yourself) stops it or the cache gets cleared. Thus, regardless whether you sign in to your Twitter account in a mobile browser, in a web browser, or in a mobile application, you will still be able to access your account automatically as long as you don’t sign out.
Q: So, it means that I should never sign out of my Twitter account?
A: Of course, it doesn’t mean this. It only means that you keep your sessions active on your private devices, which cannot be accessed by any third party. If you, for instance, logged in to your Twitter account in a public library, you should log out of this account right before you decide to go.