It might happen to anyone that sometimes one may forget one’s password from the Twitter account or, what is worse, it might have been even hacked. What one has actually to do in such a case? Well, the first action is to recover Twitter password, otherwise how one will be able to access one’s Twitter account? Only after doing so, it is possible to improve the security measures, including providing the mobile phone number, alternate email, and so on.
Keep in mind, however, that a strong and reliable password is a key matter, if you want to avoid being hacked or having your account stolen. The instructions, provided below, will take you through the course of how to recover Twitter password.
Recover Twitter Password Step-by-Step:
If you have lost access over your Twitter account, click on this text button
- First Step. In order to recover Twitter password, launch your browser and access the website of Twitter (http://twitter.com/).
First of all, the system needs to identify your Twitter account
- Second Step. Find the Twitter sign in form, which is located to the right and to the upper part of the page (above the sign up form). Below the password field, find a text button with the text “Forgot password?” Click on it.
There can be different means with the help of which you can recover Twitter password
- Third Step. On the next page, Twitter will ask you to specify your account. You need to enter either your email, or phone number, or simply Twitter login. Do so and click on the “Search” button.
Since there has been only one means of password recovery for this account, we had to do it via email address
- Fourth Step. Immediately after it, Twitter will find your account (if you have specified it correctly) and offer you one or several means for the password recovery. Since the account, used in this guide, has been linked solely to email address, there is only one means with the help of which we can recover Twitter password. If you have any other means (like the phone number), choose the one that suits you best and click on “Continue.”
This kind of letter for resetting password will appear in your inbox
- Fifth Step. Then, you will receive a link for resetting the password. You need to access the email inbox, find a letter form Twitter, and click on the “Reset password” button, placed in that letter.
All what is left is to enter a new password on this page
- Sixth Step. Just one step more and you are done with it. Now, create a new strong password and enter it in both fields. The first field displays whether the password is strong enough or not, whereas the mark near the second field shows that the passwords match. After doing so, click on the “Submit” button
The first field shows that the password is strong enough, whereas the second field displays whether the passwords in both fields match
- Seventh Step. That’s all. You can use your new password for accessing the Twitter account. On the new page, click on “Continue to Twitter.”
Click this text button in order to access your page on Twitter