Twitter, indeed, is one of the social networks that abounds with all kinds of notifications. In one of our previous guides, we showed you how to deal with the settings of Twitter notifications step by step. In this article, however, we will depict how to mute notifications on Twitter from people/pages you don’t want to know about, or simply just not to be bothered by them. You will need just a couple of minutes and to carefully follow our instructions in order to mute notifications on Twitter.
- The first thing you should do is launching your browser and copying the following website into its address line: https://twitter.com/. Hit the “Enter” button.
Twitter abounds with a variety of notifications, and you are able to mute notifications on Twitter with ease
- After doing so, you will get to see the main page of Twitter with two forms: sign in form (above) and sign up form (below). You need to use the upper form in order to sign in to your Twitter account.
In order to mute notifications on Twitter, you have to access the page of “Settings and privacy”
- In order to log in to your Twitter account, you need to enter your username, email address or phone number in the first field of that form. Following it, type the password in the second field and click on “Log in.”
Start the procedure of muting notifications on Twitter by going to the “Notification” section of your account’s settings
- In order to proceed further, click on the profile photo of yours, which was placed at the top of the page. That will prompt a pop-up menu, in which you should click on “Settings and privacy.”
At this point, you need to check the boxes and select what sorts of notifications you are not willing to see anymore
- Once you have accessed the page of your account’s settings, you can start configuring your notifications. On the left, you will get to see the menu of settings, and you should click on “Notifications.”
After you have selected the boxes you wanted, you need to click the “Save changes” button, placed at the bottom of this page
- On the page of notifications, you will get to see a number of people, whom you can mute. In order to mute the people you want (for example, those users whom you don’t follow), check the box near the given settings. Do it with all the settings you wish.
- The second part of that page is dedicated to the quality filter, and we suggest you to keep it turned on.
At the top of the page, you will get to see a notification that the new settings have been saved
- Once you are done with setting this page up, click on the “Save changes” button.
- Now, you can see that you have muted the people you wanted, and notifications from won’t bother you anymore.