Linking one’s phone number to one’s Twitter account is, beyond any doubts, necessary, and this argument may barely be disputable. Even if one wouldn’t consider the security issues, Twitter frequently suspends those accounts that have not been linked to the mobile phone numbers. In one of our previous guides, we explored how to link your Twitter account to your mobile phone number. In this guide, however, we will show you how to change mobile phone number on Twitter.
Before you will get an opportunity to change mobile phone number on Twitter, you need to access your Twitter account
- Start the entire process by launching your browser and accessing the following website: https://twitter.com/.
- On Twitter’s website, you will get to see two forms: the Twitter sign in form placed above and the Twitter sign up form placed a bit below. You need to use the first one and log in to your account.
You are able to change mobile phone number on Twitter by clicking on this menu item in the pop-up menu of your profile
- In the first place, you should type your username, email address, or phone number in the first field. Then, enter your password in the second field and click on “Log in”
You can link your account to another mobile phone number and configure mobile settings in the “Mobile” section of Twitter
- After accessing your Twitter account, you should click on your profile photo at the top and prompt a pop-up menu.
- In the pop-up menu, you should select the “Settings and privacy” menu item.
In order to link your Twitter account to another mobile phone number, you need to click on this “Edit” button
- You will get to see the page of your Twitter account’s settings then. On the left, there will be a menu of various sections of the settings. You need to click on “Mobile.”
Here, you have to specify your country and region, type your phone number in, and click on the “Continue” button
- On the page of the “Mobile” settings, you will see the mobile phone number your account is currently linked to and the country. Click on the “Edit” button nearby.
After obtaining a verification code onto your new mobile number, type the code in this field and click on “Activate” phone
- On the next page, you need to specify your country and region in the first field. Then, type your phone number in the second field. Click on “Continue.”
Eventually, you will notice that a mobile phone number on your Twitter account has been changed
- Right after doing so, you will receive a verification code (which consists out of 6 digits) onto your mobile phone. Type that code in the given field and click on the “Activate phone” button.
- After doing so, you will get to see that your phone number has been changed. Now, your account is not linked to the old phone number anymore.