If you are a user of Twitter, you might have contemplated about the security of your account (besides, we wrote about this matter in our previous article). The easiest and most secure way to make your Twitter account safer is to enable a 2-step verification, which will require you to enter a verification code (you will receive in onto your mobile phone) every time you log in to Twitter. So, you can easily learn how to activate Twitter 2-step verification simply by following this step-by-step guide.
- You must begin the entire process by opening your browser and going to the following website: https://twitter.com/.
The first step you should make is signing in to your Twitter account
- Once you have accessed the Twitter’s main webpage, you will get to see two forms there: Twitter sign in and Twitter sign up form. You need to use the one from above in order to sign in to Twitter. All you need to do is to enter your username, email address, or phone number in the first field and your password in the second field. Click on “Log in.”
You are able to activate Twitter 2-step verification on the “Settings and privacy” page
- Once you have accessed your account, you need to click on your profile photo, placed at the top of the page. That will prompt a pop-up menu, where you have to select “Settings and privacy.”
The page of your account’s settings allows you to enable this feature, as you have just to check this box
- Then, you will get to see the page of your Twitter account settings. Under “Security,” you will find the “login verification” line. Check the box near “Verify login requests.”
In order to activate Twitter 2-step verification, you need to click on the “Start” button
- Right after doing that, you will get a notification that you are starting the process of setting up the 2-step verification. You have to click on “Start.”
You will be asked to type your password in once again with a purpose of verifying your identity
- In order to proceed further, you will be asked to enter your password once again. Type it in the given field and click on “Verify.”
At this point, you need to verify your mobile phone number linked to your Twitter account
- Then, you will be asked to confirm your phone number. Click on the “Send code” button.
Once you have received a verification code from Twitter, you should type it in this field and click on “Submit”
- Once you have received an SMS verification code (it consists out of 6 digits), you need to enter the code in the given field and click on the “Submit” button.
This notification shows that the Twitter 2-step verification feature has just been turned on
- After that, you will get to see that you have just enabled the Twitter 2-step verification. Click on the “Get backup code” button.
This recovery code you have to save – it may be needed if it happens to you to lose your device
- Now, you have got to see a code that you will need in case if you lose your device. Print or write it down and store in a safe place.