Social networks have become a crucial part of our lives, yet they also contain a large deal of information about ourselves and our friends. Therefore, ensuring a firm control over one’s account in the social networks and its protection is a must. When it comes to Twitter, one of the important steps of doing so is linking your Twitter account to the phone number. Even in case if you forget your password or get hacked, you will be able to recover your account with the help of your mobile phone number. Our simple, step-by-step guide will demonstrate you how to add phone number to Twitter account with ease and within a moment.
In order to add phone number to Twitter account, you should complete the procedure of Twitter sign in first
- Begin the entire procedure with launching your browser and going to the Twitter website: http://twitter.com/.
You can add phone number to Twitter account by going to the “Settings and privacy” page
- On the main page of Twitter, you will have to get the Twitter sign in procedure There, you will see two forms – the one which is located above the other is the sign in form. In the first field of that form, you should enter your username, phone number or email address (depends on what is linked to your account). In the second field, type your password in. Click on the “Log In” button.
You are able to link your Twitter account to your mobile phone number right on this page
- After accessing your account on Twitter, you should click on the photo of your profile, located in the right-upper corner. That will trigger a dropdown menu, in which you should click on the “Settings and privacy” menu item.
After you have provided your phone number to the system, you will be asked to confirm it with the help of a verification code
- Once you have accessed the page of the settings, you will get to see a menu of the settings on the left. There, you should go to the “Mobile” section.
You have to enter the verification code in this field and click on the “Activate phone” button
- On that page, you are able to link your account to your mobile phone number. Begin with selecting your country and region. Then, enter your phone number in the next field. Click on the “Continue” button.
You can change any of the given settings by simply checking or unchecking them
- After that, you will receive a verification code onto your mobile phone. Once you have received it, enter the code in the field provided and click on the “Activate phone” button.
If you changed the sleep settings or enabled/disabled them, you need to click on the “Save changes” button after all
- Immediately after that, your Twitter account will be linked to your mobile phone number. However, you can also adjust whether you want to receive certain notifications by checking or unchecking the respective boxes. Also, you can turn off the notifications during certain hours: just check the box near “Turn off updates…” and specify the hours when you want Twitter not to bother you.