Having an attractive and appealing username on social media and messengers is always important, and many users strive to do it as much creative and unique as they can. However, there may also be a need to change a username from time to time, and, thankfully, Telegram offers this feature. This fairly simple and step-by-step guide will demonstrate you how to change Telegram username with ease and within no more than a minute. All that has to be done from your side is following the instructions that you can see below. Enjoy!
If you wish to learn how to change Telegram username, you should open this app on your smartphone first
- In the first place, you should find the icon of the Telegram app on your smartphone. Once you have done it, give it a click and open the app.
Once you have accessed the inbox of yours, you should give a click on this button and prompt a left-side menu
- After launching the app, you will get to see your inbox and messages. You, however, need to prompt a menu of the application. This can be done by clicking on the menu button, located in the left-upper corner.
- If you have done that, you will notice that quite a big menu has opened on the left side. Among various menu options, you should tap on the “Settings” button.
You can get to know how to change Telegram username of yours simply by going to this section
- After clicking on the “Settings” menu item, you will get to see the page of your account’s settings. There, in particular, you can find your username displayed in the “Info” section, right after your phone number. Now, you should click right on your username.
At the top of your account’s page, you can click here and change your Telegram username
- Following it, you will get to see the page where you can set up a new username. Just make up a username you would like to apply to your account and enter it in the given field. If there is a green text “nickname is available” under it, you can take it. If the nickname is not available, you have to choose another one.
Once you have found an available username that you like, you should confirm it by clicking on this button
- Once you have found a suitable and available nickname, you need to click on the “Continue” button, which was placed in the right-upper corner. Do so.
Now you can notice that a new username has been applied to your Telegram account
- Right after it, you will be redirected back to the page of general settings of your Telegram account. There you will see that a new username has been applied, and your account is now available only under the new username.
If you find this guide interesting and helpful enough, then we suggest you to have a look at other guides in the Telegram section.