Messengers and social networks play an important role in our lives. It is quite obvious that many of us store quite important information on such services. Thankfully, many of these services also offer features that allow you to retrieve your data. In this guide, it will be going about Snapchat and the data that it stores, as you will be able to learn how to download your Snapchat data. That will be especially useful if you are going to leave the service and delete your account, or if you want to create just another account. So, in order to learn how to download the data, follow the guidelines!
If you decide to leave Snapchat or delete your account, it would be worth to download your Snapchat data in the first place
- The first thing you should do is actually going to the Snapchat webpage where you can log in. For that, you should launch the browser and access this page: https://accounts.snapchat.com/.
In order to start the procedure of downloading your Snapchat data, you need to access the page of the respective section
- There, you will get to see a sign in form. In the first field, you should type your email address or username. You should type your password in the second field. After all, you need to click on the “Log In” button.
In order to download your Snapchat data, you need to click on this button and submit a request to Snapchat
- Once you have logged in to your account on Snapchat, you will get to see a menu of various options there. You have to click on the “MY DATA” option.
Once you have received this notification, this means that you will be able to download your data soon
- After you have accessed the next page, you should scroll down till almost the bottom of that page and click on the “Submit Request” button.
Refresh the page, get to see the starting page again, and access this section once more
- You will get a notification that your request has been received.
As you can see, a link that allows you to download your Snapchat data has just been added
- After a couple of minutes, refresh the page and see whether the data have been appeared. Once you have got to see a ZIP file there, you can click on it and start downloading – it’s your data.
You can also access your email inbox and have a look at the letter from Snapchat
- Once a ZIP file with your data is generated, you will also receive a link with it onto your email address. So, instead of waiting and refreshing the page, you can actually access your email and wait until the letter arrives.
- That’s it. It tends to be that easy to download your data from Snapchat.
More articles for this messenger can be found in the Snapchat category.