Snapchat is a messenger that focuses mostly on sharing a large number of photos and stories. And even though those photos and stories get compressed within the app, the Snapchat cache of active Snapchatters tends to be huge. Thus, you obviously need to clear cache on Snapchat from time to time – especially considering that all this doesn’t take a lot of time. So, if you don’t want to run out of your phone memory, follow the instructions provided in this article and clear the cache on Snapchat.
The first thing you should do is finding this icon on your smartphone and tapping on it
- First of all, you should spot an icon of Snapchat on your smartphone and tap on it. That will start the app running.
After running the application, you need to click on this button and access the page of your account
- Once you have launched this application, you will get to see its camera page that is typically displayed right after logging in to Snapchat. However, you need to tap on the button, placed in the left-upper corner.
In order to be able to clear cache on Snapchat, you need to access the page of settings by tapping on this button
- This way, you have accessed your page on Snapchat. There, however, you need to proceed further and access the page of the settings by tapping on the button, located in right-upper corner.
Once you have accessed the page of settings, you need to scroll down till the very bottom of this page
- Following it, you will get to see the page of the settings of your Snapchat account. There, you need to scroll down until you will get to see the “Clear Cache” section – this section is placed under “Account Actions” at the bottom. Tap on it in order to access this section.
If you want to clear cache on Snapchat, you need to access this section of the settings
- So, that is the place where you can regularly clear cache on Snapchat. There are the following types of cache you can delete: stories cache, discover cache, lens cache, browser cache, map cache, and memories cache.
Giving a click to this button will lead to removing the cache of all your stories on Snapchat
- You can clear a type of cache separately. Just click on the type of cache you want to clear.
In order to clear the cache of the stories, you need to click on this button
- Then, you should tap on the “Clear” button. That’s all, that cache has been cleared.
- However, you can also clear all the cache. At the top of the page, there is the “All Caches” section, under which is placed “Clear All.” Tap on “Clear All.”
You can also clear all the cache at all, but make sure that you have previously saved all important information
- Then, tap on the “Clear” button in order to clean all caches except of the memories (the memories should be cleared separately).
Also, you can learn how to change a mobile number on Snapchat by using this guide.