Actually, there are quite many things you can configure in your Pinterest account. One of such things you are able to configure is the part of the basic settings. Our guidelines will demonstrate you how to configure basic settings on Pinterest step by step. Some of the basic settings you configure when you sign up for Pinterest (such as gender or country), but there are also some things you may consider to change. For instance, you may prefer to hide your Pinterest account from search engines, and you can do it by sticking to this guide.
Before you will be able to configure basic settings on Pinterest, you should actually log in to your account on this social network
- In the first step, you should launch your browser and access the following website: https://www.pinterest.com/.
The next step of yours must be clicking on this button and triggering a menu
- Once you have got to see the main page of Pinterest, you should look to the right, find the “Log in” button, and give it a click.
You should select this menu item among others
- After doing so, you will get to see the Pinterest sign in form. There, you should type your email address in the first field and your password in the second field. After it, you should click on the “Continue” button.
At this point, you can configure such basic settings on Pinterest like the interface language, country, and gender
- Then, you will get to see the page of your Pinterest account. There, you need to click on the button that is placed in the right-upper corner.
You can also opt to hide your Pinterest account from search engines
- Following it, you will prompt a pop-up menu, in which you have to select “Edit settings” among other options.
- Then, you will get to see the page of your Pinterest account’s settings, and the basic settings are displayed at the very top of the page.
Once you have configured all the basic settings of your Pinterest account, you can click on this button
- The first things you can change there are the language (the interface language of the account), country, and gender. You should just click on that setting and select an appropriate option.
- After you have done it, you can proceed further. You can click on the “Hide your profile from…” button in order not to let the search engines to index your profile.
- Following it, you should click on the “Confirm” button.
After you have given a click to that button, you will notice that the new changes to these settings have been applied
- Additionally, you can disable personalization settings (and we highly recommend you to do it in order to preserve your privacy).
- After all, you can click on the “Clear Recent Searches” button and remove all the things you have recently searched for.
- At the end of all your manipulations, you should click on the “Save settings” button.