If you have kids and Netflix is a popular service at your home, you might have a necessity to set up Netflix parental controls.
This feature actually allows you to limit your kids from viewing certain content. How it works? Well, actually it works in a fairly simple way. The content on Netflix is divided into five categories: for little kids, for older kids (from 7 years old), for teens (from 13 years old), for adults (from 16 years old), and adults 18+. So, depending on the age of the kids, you are able to restrict certain content and make it available only with the use of a pin code you will set up. Find out how to do it right below.
In order to set up Netflix parental controls in your account, log in to the system
- At first, access the Netflix website by going to the following URL: http://netflix.com/.
The appearance of the Netflix sign in form is like this
- On Netflix’s main page, there is a red “Sign In” button that is located at the top. When you will notice that button, click on it immediately.
Choose who is currently using the account by selecting the respective profile
- After doing so, you will be redirected to the page for signing in. Enter your email address and the password of your account. Click on the “Sign in” button.
By clicking on this kind of a text button, you are able to access the settings and set up Netflix parental controls
- Prior to accessing your Netflix account, you have to choose one of the profiles you have. Do so by clicking on the profile you wish to use.
You can access the page of parental controls by clicking here
- Once you have got to see the page with the movies from Netflix, find the button with your name and profile photo and click on it. That will trigger a pop-up menu, in which you have to click on the “Your Account” option.
In order to resort to the use of the parental controls feature, you have to enter the password of your account
- After clicking on that option, you will get to see the settings of your account. On that page, find the “Parental controls” text button in the section of the settings. Give it a click.
- In order to proceed further, you will be asked to enter the password. Do it and click on the “Continue” button.
The page for setting up parental controls on Netflix looks like this
- On the page fir setting up Netflix parental controls, you need to enter the PIN number that will be required for watching the content above the “safe” level” and choose what content must be restricted. Once you have done so, click on the “Save” button. After this procedure has been completed, the selected content (only with this profile, though!) will be available only after entering the PIN code.