ID is a special feature in the LINE messenger that, perhaps, no one messenger has. ID is a special 20-symbol long number in LINE that allows the users to find you by ID. If you, for example, want to someone to find you, you grant him/her your ID and you will be found pretty quickly. This step-by-step guide will show you how to make ID in LINE, and you should just stick to the guidelines published on this page.
You should keep in mind that after you have created a LINE account, you still don’t have an ID. You get an ID only after you actually create it. Besides, the ID is created once and forever. I.e. if you have created an ID number in LINE, you can’t actually change it or even remove it.
Before you will get an opportunity to make ID in LINE, you have to launch this application
- The first step you should do is to find the icon of this mobile app on your smartphone and tap on it.
- After you have successfully launched the application, you should tap on the “Settings” button, placed in the right-upper corner of the page you are currently viewing.
You need to tap on this settings button in order to make ID in LINE
- Once you have done that, you will get to see the page of your LINE account’s settings. On that page, you should tap on the “Edit profile” section, which appears to be the first one.
A LINE ID can be created on the profile page of your LINE account’s settings
- Following it, you will get to see the page of your profile there. The fourth line on that page appears to be the “ID” line. Your ID will be set as empty at first, and you need to tap on that line.
Keep in mind that you can make ID in LINE only once – changes to the ID can never be made
- On the following page, you will be offered to create an ID number in LINE. You should make up a 20-symbol long number, type it in the given field, and tap on the “Check” button.
Now, you can create a LINE ID consisting of 20 symbols and, at the end of it, you need to tap on this button
- After that, you will get to see whether that ID number is available. If it appears to be available, you can tap on the “Save” button and apply that ID number to your account.
If an ID you have typed in is available, you should tap on the “Save” button
- Right after that, you will be redirected to the profile page again, but it will feature your new ID number at that moment.
Now, all the LINE users can find you using the newly created LINE ID
In addition to that, you can also find myriads of useful LINE guides on this page.