As it was pointed out in one of our previous articles (actually, in this one), you may opt to sign up for LINE by using an email address and a password (or a Facebook account) instead of a phone number. But sooner or later, there may always appear a need to link your LINE account to a phone number. This guide will demonstrate you how to add phone number in LINE quickly and easily, and you have just to follow the steps provided on this page.
You can add phone number in LINE with ease, yet you should launch the messenger in the first place
- You should begin the entire procedure by finding the LINE icon on your smartphone and tapping on it. That will launch the application.
You will be able to add phone number in LINE after clicking on this button of settings
- After you have launched this messenger, you will see a page with different buttons and options. You need, however, to click on the settings button, placed in the right-upper corner.
At this point, you should select this section in order to continue further
- Once you have tapped on the settings button, you will actually see the page of your LINE account settings. That page is the place where you can add phone number in LINE and link it to your account. You need to go to the “Edit profile” section (the first section on that page).
If you wish to add phone number in LINE, you should tap here
- On the following page, you will get to see your phone number placed at the top. If there is no phone number linked to your LINE account, there will be the “Registered number” phrase instead. You should tap on that phrase.
Specify your phone number in the given field and click on this button
- On the next page, you need to type your phone number in the given field and click on the “Next” button.
If the phone number you have just specified is correct, you should click on the “OK” button
- After that, you should confirm the phone number by tapping on the “OK” button.
It is completely up to you whether to enable these options or not
- Following that, you will have to specify whether you want others to add you and whether you want to enable the auto-add friends feature (uncheck the boxes if you don’t want). At the bottom of the page, you should click on the “OK” button.
At the end, you should eventually click on this button and proceed further
- Immediately after that, the system will test your phone number with a test message (it will be done automatically). If the given SIM card (with the specified phone number) is inserted in the smartphone, then your account will immediately become linked to the phone number.
Now, you can see that your mobile phone number has been added to your LINE profile