Instagram is a pretty simple and agreeable service for sharing photos on the web, yet anyone might face the fact that he or she has lost the password from his/her Instagram account. Thankfully for all of us, Instagram has created an easy system of password recovery that does not require any extra efforts in order to get the password recovered.
Though some critics point to the fact that it makes hacking accounts easier, it is also important that one is able to regain access over the lost Instagram account within a few minutes. So if you wish to recover Instagram password, make use of the step-by-step guide provided below.
Recover Instagram Password Step-by-Step:
In order to recover Instagram password, you need to click on this button, placed in the sign in form
- First Step. If you want to recover Instagram password, you need to access the website of Instagram in the first place. For doing so, launch the browser and go to the following website: http://instagram.com/.
Then, you need to identify your account by providing your username or email address
- Second Step. Once you have got to see the main page of Instagram, there you must notice the sign in form, placed on the right. In the field of password, you will see a question “Forgot?” Click on that text button.
Once you have received such a notification, it means the letter sent by Instagram must appear in the email inbox
- Third Step. On the next page, you will have to specify your account first. In order to identify your account, you need to enter either your username on Instagram or your email address. In the field located below the username one, you need to enter symbols from the Captcha. Once you have typed those symbols in, click on the green “Reset Password” button.
The letter that you will receive from Instagram should look somewhat like this one
- Fourth Step. Then, you will see a notification from Instagram which will require you to follow to your email inbox. Go to your email inbox and find there a letter from Instagram.
Type the new password you have composed in these two fields and click on the “Reset Password” button
- Fifth Step. In that letter, sent by Instagram, you will see a button for resetting the password (have a look at the screenshot). Click on that button.
- Sixth Step. After it, you will be redirected to one of the pages of Instagram again. There is not much left to do: just compose a new password (and it would be better if the password is a reliable one), enter it in both fields, and click on the “Reset Password” button.
After setting up a new password, you must be redirected to the main page (i.e. the news feed) of Instagram
- Seventh Step. Immediately after doing those actions, you must be directed to the Instagram feed page. This means that the password recovery procedure has been carried out successfully and you are able to use the newly set password for your Instagram account.