Instagram, the world’s leading social network for sharing photos online, has focused its efforts on delivering the service where users have to make few efforts. Even the social network’s design shows that the developers have focused on developing a simple, user-friendly, easy-to-use service. Therefore, it should be anyhow surprising that the procedure for changing Instagram password is extremely simple as well. Indeed, it is possible to change Instagram password from your Instagram account within 60 seconds, which is literally several clicks. The simple step-by-step guide, published below, shows you how to change Instagram password with pointers. Just follow the instructions and get the password changed momentously.
Change Instagram Password Step-by-Step:
Log in to Instagram by entering your username and password as well as clicking on this button after it
- First Step. In the first place, go to the Instagram’s main page by launching the browser and copying the following link into its address line: http://instagram.com/ (don’t forget to hit “Enter”).
In order to change your Instagram password, click on this button, which will direct you to the Instagram profile
- Second Step. Once you are out there, you can see a sign in form. So, enter your username as well as the password and click on the blue “Log in” button. You can also access your account with the help of Facebook: click on the “Log in with Facebook” button, located right below the “Log in” button.
You have to change your password in your profile settings, so click this button for getting to the settings page
- Third Step. When you have accessed your Instagram profile, you must be directed to the news feed. So, click on the profile icon, located in the right-upper corner (have a look at the screenshot).
In the settings menu located on the left side, click on the “Change Password” section
- Fourth Step. Immediately after it, you will get to see the page of your profile. Beside your username, you will see a black-white “Edit Profile” button, and you need to give it a click.
Your old password must be automatically entered, and all you have is just to fill the remaining two fields with your new Instagram password
- Fifth Step. By clicking on that button, you have accesses your Instagram account’s settings. On the left, there will be a menu of settings where you have to select “Change Password.” Do so.
This message will be displayed once your Instagram password has been updated
- Sixth Step. Now, you will get to see the page where you can change Instagram password. The old password must be already auto entered. If the field of the old (i.e. current) password is empty, type it manually. Then, compose a reliable password and type it in the remaining two fields. The drawback of Instagram, though, is that the system allows to create pretty weak passwords. However, it is recommended to create a strong password, with over 10 symbols including letters and digits. Once you have typed the password in, click on “Change Password.”
- Seventh Step. If you have noticed a green text “Password changed”, then you can use your newly set password for Instagram account.