Hotmail signature is an important feature that may allow you to somehow benefit from using your Outlook account.
For instance, you are able to notify the users you communicate with about important events and news by setting up a signature. Another way of benefiting from using this feature is advertising your company or products. A great advantage of this feature at Hotmail is that, unlike other email service providers, you get many options of formatting. If you want to take advantage of this feature, stick to the guidelines published right below.
Log in to your Hotmail account in order to take advantage of the Hotmail signature feature
- In the first place, you need to go to the website of Outlook (the current name of Hotmail): http://outlook.com/.
- Once you have done that action, you will notice a sign in form. In that form, you have to enter your Hotmail address and click on the “Next” button.
Enter the password of your account in the given field and click on this button
- On the next page, you should enter the password of your account and click on the “Sign in” button.
- Once you have accessed your Hotmail account, find the button of settings, placed in the right-upper corner. Click on it.
In order to set up a Hotmail signature, you need to go to the page of settings
- That click will trigger a pop-up menu, in which you have to click on “Options” in order to proceed further.
- On the left, there will be a menu of settings. Now, you have to find the page of signature settings. Indeed, you can use the following way: Mail > Layout > Email signature. Yet, it is far better to go to the section of shortcuts. In the first place of that section, there will be such an option as “Add an email signature.” Give a click to that text button.
On the page of shortcuts in the settings, you are able to find an email signature option
- Immediately after doing so, you will appear on the page of setting the signature. It is better to place ticks near the both fields, located right above the signature window. Then, you can set up a new signature. There are various formatting types you can use while setting up a signature, namely: adding pictures, making the text bold, italic, or underlined, choosing various fonts, changing the font size, highlighting the text and changing the font color, using bullets and numbering, and inserting URLs. If you want to use more formatting options, click on the “More” button, located on the right.
On this page, you are able to add a Hotmail signature the way you wish, including various fonts, links, images, and colors
- Once you are done with creating a signature, click on the “Save” button, placed at the top. Now, your signature will be displayed each time you compose or send a letter.