Given the abundance of various Hotmail settings, it doesn’t come as a surprise that this email service is so popular among a wide audience. One of the useful features you are able to take advantage of is the feature of Hotmail add-ins. Basically, you can add some really useful tools to your Hotmail account and use them right from your inbox in Outlook. Our simple, step-by-step guide will show you to how manage Hotmail add-ins easily.
The first thing you should do is to select Outlook among other MSN apps
- Begin with launching your browser and going to the following website: http://www.msn.com/. There, you need to click on “Outlook.com” in order to proceed further.
Your next step must be signing in to your Hotmail account
- After that, you will have to click on the “Sign in” button on the following page.
Provide your email address and click on “Next”
- Now, you have to complete the Hotmail sign in procedure (read more about it here). First of all, you need to type your email address in the given field and click on the “Next” button.
After typing your password in this field, click on “Sign in”
- The next step of yours must be entering the password and clicking on “Sign in.”
Click on the “Options” button in order to manage Hotmail add-ins
- After accessing your Hotmail inbox, you need to click on the “Settings” button, located in the right-upper corner of the page. This way, you will trigger dropdown menu, in which you should select “Options.”
This page allows you to manage Hotmail add-ins
- That will lead to the opening of the settings page, where you should go to General > Manage add-ins.
In order to add another add-in on Hotmail, you should click on this button
- On the next page, you can add extra features to your Outlook. In order to make use of other add-ins than the standard ones, you need to click on the “+” button.
The easiest way is to acquire an add-in in the Office Store
- After that, you will see a short pop-up menu. Obviously, you are likely to select “Add from the Office Store,” unless you have an add-in on your PC or an URL to that add-in.
There are plenty of free add-ins on the Office Store
- The Office Store actually contains a large number of free add-ins, and you can see it written beneath their description. In this case, for example, I opted to install Evernote. Once you have made up your mind about the add-in, click on “Get it now.”
You need to provide your email address once again
- In the next window, you will have to enter your email address once again and click on “Sign in.”
Here, you need to click on the “Continue” button
- After signing in another way around, click on the “Continue” button.
In order to finalize the procedure of adding an add-in, you should click on the “Install” button
- After all, you will be redirected back to your page of add-ins in Hotmail, where you will have to click on the “Install” button.
Now, you are able to use the app you have added right in your Outlook inbox
- The chosen add-in is installed and ready for use.