This guide reveals how to complete the Hotmail.com sign in procedure easily and what to do if your password has been lost or stolen.
Take into account that some years ago, Hotmail.com moved to Outlook.com. It’s the same service but under a different name. If you had a Hotmail account, don’t worry, you still have access to it. Nothing changes.
By carefully sticking to the following instructions, you will easily sign in to your Hotmail.com or Outlook.com account.
💻 Sign In | Login to Hotmail.com/Outlook on PC Step-by-Step:
The first step you should do on the website of Outlook is to click on this button
- First Step. In the first place, you have to launch the browser and access the Outlook website (www.outlook.com).
After entering your email address in the provided field, you should click on this button
- Second Step. Immediately after it, you will access the website of Outlook.com. On that page, you must click on the “Sign In” button.
You can finalize the Hotmail sign in procedure by entering your password and clicking on this “Sign in” button
- Third Step: Enter your email first. Or if that email account is linked to Skype or the phone number, you are able to enter them as well (instead of the email address). Following it, click on “Next.”
As you can see, you have just succeeded to log in to your Hotmail account in a very quick way
- Fourth Step. On the following page, you will be asked to enter the password from your Outlook.com account. Then, click on the “Sign in” button and get logged in to your Hotmail.com account. Congratulations! You are now signed in!
It is possible that you encounter some problems during the sign in procedure. Maybe you are accessing your account from a computer that you don’t use so often. In that case, Outlook will ask you some questions to verify that you are the legitimate owner of the account.
- Outlook may ask you to enter the 4 last digits of the telephone number associated with your account:
- Enter the digits and click on “Send Code“. After some seconds, you will receive a code in your smartphone.
- Enter the code and click on “Next”. If the code was correct, you are now logged in.
📰 Sign In To Your Hotmail Account on App:
As a matter of fact, you can log in to your Hotmail account not only on a PC. As this part of our guide will show, you can complete Hotmail sign in also right on your smartphone. The easiest way of doing it is, of course, logging in to your Hotmail account in the official mobile app of Hotmail (read how to install it here). This part of our article will focus on showing how to do in right in this mobile app, and you should post your thoughts about it in the comments 😊!
The easiest way to sign in to your Hotmail account on a smartphone is doing so via the official mobile app of Outlook
- In the first place, you should start the entire procedure by finding the Outlook icon on your smartphone and tapping on it.
You can tap on this button and start accessing your account on Hotmail
- Once you have accessed this mobile app and got to see its main webpage, you should tap on “GET STARTED.”
At this point, you have to skip any connected accounts and proceed further
- Following it, you should tap on the “Skip” text button on the next page, which you can find in the right-bottom corner.
Now, you have to enter your email address and move on by tapping this text button
- Immediately after that, you will get to see the page where you should enter your email address. Type it in the provided field and tap on the “CONTINUE” text button.
You should enter the password of your Hotmail account in the provided field and tap on this button in order to finish the Hotmail sign in procedure
- The next step of yours must be entering your Hotmail password on the next page. Right after doing so, you should tap on the “Sign in” button in order to sign in to your Hotmail account on the app.
If you want to access the inbox of your Hotmail account right now, you should tap on this text button
- You will be offered to link other Hotmail accounts then, but you should avoid doing this by tapping on the “SKIP” text button.
As you can see, you have just succeeded to log in to your Hotmail account on mobile app
- Eventually, you will get to see the inbox page of your Hotmail account, which means that you have just logged in to your account on Hotmail.
📱 Login Hotmail in a Mobile Browser:
There are different ways of logging in to Hotmail account on a smartphone, and this part of our article will provide an alternative method for using Hotmail on a mobile device. If by chance you don’t have this mobile app installed onto your smartphone (due to the lack of space, for example), you still can sign in to your Hotmail account in a mobile browser. The procedure is a bit less convenient, but isn’t that much more difficult.
You can start the Hotmail sign in procedure a smartphone by accessing your mobile browser as well
- At first, you should begin by finding the icon of your mobile browser on a smartphone and tapping on it. That will run this mobile application.
You have to enter the URL address in this field and proceed further by tapping “Enter”
- Once the app has been launched, you should type the URL of Outlook in the address line of that app. Then, tap on the button to enter this website.
If you want to sign in to your account on Hotmail right in this mobile browser, tap on this text button
- After you have got to see the main page of the Hotmail website, you should tap on the “Sign in” button, placed right in the center.
Once you have entered the email address of yours, you should tap this button
- Following it, you must enter your email address in the field on the next page and tap on the “Next” button.
In order to log in to your account on Hotmail, you have to enter the password in the given field and tap here
- Now, you can finalize the procedure of signing in to your Hotmail account by typing your password in the given field.
Right after that, you will get to see the animation of loading your Hotmail account
- You can also check the box near “Keep me signed in” in order not to be forced to sign in on other occasions.
- Eventually, you should finish this process by tapping on the “Sign in” button.
Once your Hotmail account has been loaded, you will get to see your inbox – this means you have succeeded to log in to your account on Hotmail
- Right after that, you will get to see an animation of loading, which means that you will access your Hotmail account in a few moments.
❓ Frequently Asked Questions About Hotmail Sign In:
Q: Where is Hotmail sign in page?
A: You can access the Hotmail sign in page right from the page of the Outlook service: www.outlook.com. For that, you should simply tap on the “Log In” button, which you can find in the right-upper corner of that page.
Q: How can I sign in to my Hotmail account?
A: This page provides clear instructions on how to log in to Hotmail account. In order to do that, you have to access the website (or the mobile app) of Hotmail, enter your email address and password, and tap the button in order to enter it. As you can see, the procedure is really simple and quick, barely taking more than a minute of your time.
Q: Can I log in to my Hotmail account on a smartphone?
A: Yes, of course! As our guide shows, you can log in to your Hotmail account on a smartphone in two ways: either in a mobile browser or in the mobile app. Regardless of which way you will choose, you should just stick to the instructions that you can find on this page. In such a case, you will access your Hotmail account in a few moments.
Q: Which is the most convenient way of signing in to a Hotmail account on a smartphone?
A: We highly recommend you to sign in to your Hotmail account on a smartphone via the official mobile application from Microsoft. This will make the entire experience of using Hotmail on a mobile device far more appealing.
Q: How do I sign in to a different Hotmail account?
A: You can do it in a very simple way. In the first place, you have to sign out of your first Hotmail account. Then, follow the instructions of our guide and log in with a different account to Hotmail step by step.
Q: Why can’t I sign in to my Hotmail email account?
A: There are may be different reasons for this. First of all, you may enter a wrong email address and password. Secondly, you may not have the internet connection. But, in either case, if the problem persists, we recommend you to contact the Hotmail customer support.
Q: Do Hotmail accounts expire?
A: Hotmail accounts become invalid 274 days after no one has signed in to them. So, you must keep this in mind.
Objectively, Hotmail is one of the world’s best email service providers which can boast one of the largest audiences. In the previous guides – the Hotmail Sign Up and Create Account Hotmail pages, you could learn how to get registered on Hotmail.com easily, without making much of an effort, and within a short period of time.