If you want to make sure that your Hotmail (which is now known as Outlook) account will not be hacked, you need to customize the settings of your Hotmail account’s security. There is nothing difficult in doing so, and this guide will give you an insight about how to enhance security of your Outlook account.
Prior to arranging your Hotmail account’s security, access the Outlook.com app
- First of all, you should access the Microsoft’s website for applicatons: http://msn.com/.
Then, you need to click on the huge „Sign in“ button
- At the top, you will see a menu of apps. You should choose the “Outlook.com” menu item.
Provide your Hotmail email and click on “Next”
- On the next page, you should click on the large “Sign in” button.
After entering your password, click on “Sign in”
- Eventually, you will get to see the main webpage of Outlook. Provide your email address in the given field and click on “Next.”
Click on the icon of your profile and, then, select “View Account” in order to enhance your Hotmail account’s security
- Then, type your password in that field, check or uncheck the “Keep me signed in” field, and click on “Sign in.”
On the page of your Hotmail account, you need to select this item
- You will access the inbox of your Hotmail account, where you should click on the icon of your profile, placed in the right-upper corner. That will trigger a small pop-up window, where you should select “View account.”
These are the basic options for improving your Hotmail account’s security
- Then, you will get to see a menu, placed in a blue line. There, click on “Security.”
Proceed further to update the security information of yours
- On that page, you will get to see three important sections. You can find out how to change your password on Hotmail here. So, you should click on “Update Info.”
Access the sensitive zone by getting a code onto your email address or mobile phone number
- You will be sent a verification code onto your email address or phone number. Enter the email address/phone number and click on “Send code.”
Enter the code and click on „Submit“
- Once you have received the verification code, enter it in the provided field and click on “Submit.”
- Then, you will be allowed to add additional security layers. Click on the “Add security info” text button.
By clicking here, you can add security info
- There, you can add a phone number or an alternate email address. Choose the option you want and enter your phone number/email address.
You can add a mobile phone number or alternate email as another recovery option
- Receive the code and enter it in the given field. Click on “Next.”
- After updating your security info, click on “Review Activity.”
You can see on which devices you were logged in and sign out on particular devices
- On this page, you will be able to see the devices that were used for logging in to your account. If you see a suspicious device and you suppose it’s not yours, sign out of it (by clicking on the respective button) and change your password (it’s recommended).