Hotmail draws lots and lots of new users thanks to a large variety of options and features it can offer to them. One of such features is an ability to connect your Hotmail account to Google Drive, so you will be able to attach the files from one of the most popular storage services to your email letters within a click. Our simple, step-by-step guide shows how to take advantage of this feature within a few minutes. Enjoy!
In order to connect your Hotmail account to Google Drive, you should click here first of all
- The first step you must make is going to the following website: http://www.msn.com/. There, you should select “Outlook.”
Click on this huge “Sign in” button in order to proceed further
- On the following page, you have to click on the “Sign in” button.
Provide your email address and click on “Next”
- Following it, you will have to complete the Hotmail sign in procedure. First of all, enter your email address in the given field and click on the “Next” button.
After entering the password, click on “Sign in” and access your inbox
- That must be followed by entering the password and clicking on the “Sign in” button.
You should open the page of settings by giving a click here
- Once you have accessed your inbox on Hotmail, you need to find the “Settings” button, located in the right-upper part of the page.
Once you have entered this page, you get a chance to connect your Hotmail account to Google Drive
- Click on the “Settings” button and trigger a pop-up menu, where you should select “Options.”
Choose Google Drive among other storage services
- Once you have entered the page of settings, you will see a menu of settings on the left side. There, you should go to Mail > Attachment options > Storage accounts.
Select your Google account in order to proceed further
- The page of Storage accounts contains several storage services you can link to your Hotmail account. You need to click on the “Google Drive” icon.
Enter your password from Google and click on “Next”
- In the new window, you should select your Google account you want to link in order to proceed further.
Allow Outlook to synchronize your account with the account on Google Drive
- After that, you need to enter your password of the Google account and click on the “Next” button.
Once you have linked the accounts, it will be displayed on Hotmail this way
- Eventually, Google will ask you whether you want to provide the permission to Hotmail or not. In order to link your Google Drive account to Hotmail, you need to click on the “Allow” button.
Now, you can attach files from Google Drive when writing email letters
- Right after that, you will notice that your Google Drive account has been linked to your Hotmail account. You can go to your inbox, click on the “Write an email” button, click on the “Attach a file” button, and you will notice that your Google Drive account is available there and so you can attach files to email letters right from your Google Drive.