Hotmail is, indeed, a highly popular provider of email services, and sometimes you need to change Hotmail password from the email account.
When it comes to change Hotmail password, Microsoft has made the procedure of doing it quite cumbersome. So, be ready to spend 5 minutes of your time for changing the password for your Outlook. If you want or need to do it, follow the guide written in simple English and published below.
Change Hotmail Password Step-by-Step:
On the MSN website, select Outlook.com
- First Step. At first, open your browser and go to the website of MSN: http://msn.com/.
Get signed in to Hotmail in order to get your Hotmail password changed
- Second Step. In the menu of applications located in the upper part of the page, click on Outlook.com (it must be displayed as the first application).
Enter your password and click on this button
- Third Step. After you have got to see the main webpage of Hotmail, enter your email in the sign in form and click on “Next”. Then, enter the password and click on the “Sign in” button.
In order to change Hotmail password, click on the icon of your profile
- Fourth Step. Now, you must see the inbox of your Outlook account. In order to change your Hotmail password, you need to click on the icon of your profile, placed in the right-upper corner.
Then, you have to select “View account”
- Fifth Step. In the pop-up menu, you should click on “View account.”
On the page of account information, you need to find the “Change password” text button and give it a click
- Sixth Step. On the page of personal information, find a gray frame with your name, email, payment options, etc. Below your email address, there must be the “Change password” text button. Give it a click.
You need to get access by entering the verification code
- Seventh Step. You will be redirected back to the page of Hotmail. You have to verify that it is actually you who is attempting to enter the system. There, you have to enter the security code you will receive onto your email address or phone number. Choose the means of receiving the code and type the full email address or phone number in the field below. Then, click on “Send code.”
This way looks a letter with the verification code
- Eighth Step. Go to your inbox (or find in the mobile phone) and find a letter from Microsoft. Copy the security code into the field on the Hotmail page and click on the “Submit” button.
After you have typed the verification code in, click on “Submit”
- Ninth Step. Skip the offer from Microsoft by clicking on “Set it up later” and proceed further. On the first page, you will be able to set up a new password. In the first field, you have to enter the current password. In the following two fields, enter your new password. Then, click on the “Next” button.
Skip this stuff, at least for the time being
- Tenth Step. After it, you will get to see the page of security settings, displaying a notification that “Your information has been saved.”
Set up a new password for your Hotmail account
Finally, this procedure is finished