Gmail is an email service that provides its users with an impressive number of various features, and one of the useful features available there is Gmail account access delegation. Basically, if you need anyone to access your email address (your colleague, for example) in order to read emails, send letters and chat with someone, you can delegate access over your account to that person. At the same time, that person will get no possibility of changing any of your account’s settings, password, and similar stuff.
You can easily take advantage of the feature of Gmail account access delegation by following our step-by-step guide, provided below.
Google allows you to delegate access over your Gmail account
- First of all, you need to go the main webpage of Google, the address of which is the following: http://google.com/.
Log in to your account in order to take advantage of the feature of Gmail account access delegation
- On that page, click on “Sign in.”
Finalize the sign in process
- You will get to see a window with the Gmail sign in form. There, you need to provide your email address and click on “Next.”
This way looks the icon of Gmail app
- The next window will require you to enter your password. Click on “Sign in.”
- You will get to see the main webpage of Google again. On that page, you need to click on the Google Apps button. Among all apps from Google, you need to select Gmail.
By selecting this field, you can access the window of settings
- In the inbox, click on the button of settings in a form of a cogwheel. By doing so, you will prompt a pop-up menu, where you have to select “Settings” as well.
- In the window of settings, you need to go to “Accounts and Import.”
In this section of your account’s settings, you can configure Gmail account access delegation
- In the section of “Accounts and Import”, you have to click on “Add a mail account” near “Check mail from other accounts.”
Enter an email address that will gain access to your account
- In the next window, you have to enter the email address that will be delegated access to your account. After doing so, click on “Next.”
- If it’s a Gmail account too, you can select “Link Accounts with Gmailify.” Otherwise, click on “Import emails from my other account (POP3). Click on “Next.”
Choose one of two options, provided on the image
- In the next window, you will have to provide settings of that email address, including the actual email address, username, password, POP server, and port. Also, you should specify whether you want to leave copies of the deleted messages, use a secure connection, label incoming messages, and archive incoming messages by placing ticks near respective lines.
After configuring the other email address, click on the “Add Account” button
- At the end, click on the “Add account” button. After doing so, that account will gain access to your Gmail account.