If you need to always stay in touch with your partners or colleagues (or someone else) and not to miss an important letter, you can enable Gmail desktop notifications. This feature will allow you to receive notifications on your PC when you will receive emails onto your Gmail address. If you don’t want to to receive desktop notifications about every letter that comes to your inbox, there is a way of turning notifications on only for important letters. Just proceed to the guide and follow the instructions.
The first thing you should do to enable gmail desktop notifications must be signing in to your Gmail account
- The first thing you should do is to launch your browser and enter the following website: https://google.com/.
- Then, click on the “Sign in” button, located in the right-upper corner.
Select a Gmail account you wish or enter it in the provided field
- On the next page, you will have to choose an account you want to log in with. Just give it a click.
You should click on the “Next” button after typing your password in this field
- After doing so, you will be asked to enter the password and click on the “Next” button.
After getting redirected back to the main webpage of Google, click here in order to access your Gmail inbox
- Once you have been redirected to the main page of Google (but this time you are logged in), click on the “Gmail” text button, placed at the top of the page.
- In your inbox, you should find the “Settings” button, located on the right side. Click on it and prompt a pop-up menu. In that menu, you should select “Settings.”
You need to access the page of settings in order to enable Gmail desktop notifications
- On the page of general settings you will be able to configure desktop notifications. After accessing the settings, you will appear on the page of settings right away. Just scroll down a bit until you will find the “Desktop Notifications” line.
You can select one of these two options and get gmail desktop notifications enabled
- Once you have found that line, you will notice three settings next to it: “Mail notifications off,” “Important mail notifications on,” and “New mail notifications on.” If you want to receive notifications only about important emails, select the second option, respectively. If you want to receive notifications about any new letter, you should select “New email notifications on.”
The last step in this entire procedure is saving the changes to the settings you have made
- After you have made up your mind about which notifications you want to receive and configured this settings, scroll down until the bottom of the page. There, you should click on the “Save Changes” button. Now, you have just enabled desktop notifications.
Our website also contains a large number of guides for Gmail. For example, we recommend you to have a look at the How to Take Advantage of Gmail Add-Ons Guide.