Gmail is an email service provider that abounds with a variety of customization settings. One of such settings is an ability to set up a Gmail theme you wish. Besides, you are not just able to change Gmail theme, but you can also upload your own photo and apply it as a theme! In this step-by-step guide, you will learn how to set up your own theme on Gmail with ease.
Prior you will be able to change your Gmail theme, you need to log in to your account
- First of all, you should open your browser and access the following website: https://google.com/.
At this point, you need to select your account or (if it’s not displayed) type your email in
- On the main webpage of Google, you should give a click to the “Sign in” button, located in the right-upper part of your screen.
- Now, you have to complete the Gmail sign in procedure. First of all, choose the account you wish or type your email address in the given field. Click on “Next.”
After providing your password, click on the “Next” button
- In the next window, you should type your password in the provided field and click on the “Next” button.
In order to access your Gmail inbox, give a click here
- After doing so, you will get to see the main webpage of Google once again. At the top of the page, there will be the “Gmail” text button. Give it a click.
In order to change Gmail theme of yours, you need to select this menu item
- In your email inbox, find the “Settings” button in a form of a cogwheel in the right part of the page. Click on it and prompt a pop-up menu.
You can upload your photo and convert it into a Gmail theme by clicking on this button
- In that pop-up menu, you should click on “Themes.”
If you wish to upload a photo from your PC, you need to click here
- Right after doing so, you will get to see various themes you can apply immediately – just click on a picture that has interested you. Yet, we need to set up our own photo as a Gmail theme. So, you need to click on the “My Photos” button, located in the right-lower part of the window.
After clicking on this button, you will be able to select a photo from your PC or laptop
- In the next window, you can upload your photos from your Google Photos/Drive account or paste an URL. Let’s suppose that the picture is saved on your PC. So, you need to click on “Upload a photo.”
- Then, click on “Select a photo from your computer.”
After selecting a photo you want to upload, you should click on the “Open” button
- Once you have done that, choose the photo on your PC and click on “Open.”
Now, you can see that the photo has been uploaded and account has received a new theme on Gmail
- Immediately after that, you will see how that photo has been added to other Gmail themes. Also, your inbox will change its looks. Don’t forget to click on “Save” if such an appearance satisfies you. This way you have learn how to change Gmail theme.