One of the useful features of Gmail is Gmail Tabs, which allows you to manage the letters you receive in your inbox easier.
Gmail is, indeed, an incredibly popular email service provider, and you get an opportunity to take advantage of many of its useful features by resorting to its services. Simply put, you can sort out the letters you receive without making much of an effort with the help of Gmail Tabs feature. Thus, when you will receive letters from the forum websites on which you are registered, they will appear in the tab under the name “Forums.” This is an example how you can make your inbox more sorted and nice for viewing. In order to set up Gmail Tabs, follow the step-by-step guide published below.
Click on this button, if you wish to log in to your Gmail account
- First of all, you need to launch the browser and go to the following website: http://google.com/.
- Once you have accessed the website, click on the “Sign in” button, placed in the right-upper corner of the page.
First of all, you need to specify your email address
- Then, you will see the Google sign in page. At first, you need to enter your actual email address and click on the “Next” button.
Once you have typed your password in this field, click on the “Sign in” button and get logged in to Gmail
- Following it, you will get to see the next window. In that window, you have to enter the password and click on “Sign in.”
After getting redirected back to the main page of Google, choose Gmail in the list of its apps
- Right after you have logged in to your Gmail account, you will be redirected back to the main page of Google. In the right-upper corner, find a button (in the shape of 9 dots – 3 per each row and column) of Google apps, click on it, and scroll down till you will find the icon of Gmail. Once you have spotted the icon, give it a click.
You can add and remove Gmail Tabs by clicking on this button
- After you have accessed your Gmail account, look at the upper part of your inbox. There, you will definitely find one of Gmail Tabs under the name “Primary.” To the right side from the tab, there will be a “+” button. Click on it.
This way, you can select what Gmail Tabs will be displayed to you, while selecting which of them must be hidden
- In the newly opened window, you will be able to choose what tabs have to be enabled. There are five tabs (i.e. categories of letters): primary, social, promotions, updates, and forums. The letters that haven’t been placed in any of the last four categories will be placed in the primary category. Place ticks near the tabs you want to enable. Then, click on the “Save” button.