In particular, this basic information includes the procedure of Gmail sign in and the procedure of password recovery. So let’s have a look how one is able to do sign into Gmail and to recover one’s password.
💻 Gmail Sign In Step-by-Step:
Complete the Gmail sign in procedure
- First Step. Launch your browser and enter the Google’s website.
You have to enter your password here for Gmail sign in
- Second Step. Click on the blue “Sign in” button (look at the picture) and proceed further.
This way looks the “Google apps” button
- Third Step. On the next page, you will see an account that you will use for signing in. If you need to change the account and log in to the system with another account, click on “Sign in with a different account.” If not, just enter your password in the respective field and click on the “Sign in” button.
Select Gmail among other Google applications
- Fourth Step. Immediately after it, you will appear on the main webpage of Google again, but this time you will be logged in. Now, click on the icon of Google apps (look at the third image) and choose Gmail in the opened pop-up menu.
Click here if you need to recover the password
- Fifth Step. Use your Gmail account freely.
Click here if you do not remember any password
If, however, you are unable to access your Gmail account, do the following steps:
- First Step. On the Google’s website, click on “Sign in.”
After clicking on “Next”, you will receive a verification code onto your other email address
- Second Step. Once you get to see the page with the selection of profiles, choose the profile the password of which you need to recover. Under the large blue button for signing in, find a question “Need help?” Click on it.
The code has to be entered in this field
- Third Step. At first, Google will ask you to enter the last password you remember. If you don’t remember or want to try a different question, click on “Try a different question” below the “Next” button.
This way looks the letter with the verification code
- Fourth Step. At this moment, Google will offer you to recover your password with the help of your additional email or the phone number. Click on the “Next” button.
- Fifth Step. You will get a notification that the verification code has been sent to your email or mobile number. Go there, find the letter/message from Google, and copy the 6-digit code into the field on Gmail page. Click on “Next.”
The last step in recovering your password
- Sixth Step. Now, you need to set up a new reliable password for your Gmail account. Compose a password and enter it in both fields. Click on the blue “Change password” button. Now you are back to Gmail, and click on “Skip”, “Done”, and “Continue.” Now you are logged in to your account again. Welcome back!
📱 Sign In To Your Gmail Account on App:
In the present-day world, it is not enough to be able to use your email address only on a PC or laptop. Instead, you should also be able to access to your Gmail account on your smartphone too. This part of our Gmail sign in guide will show you how to to access your account on Gmail app, which is the most convenient way to log in to your Gmail account on a smartphone. Let us know in the comments what you think about it!
If you want to sign in to your Gmail account on app, you have to access this mobile app in the first place
- In the first place, you have to tap on the icon of your Gmail app on a smartphone and launch it.
You can start signing in to your Gmail account on app simply by tapping on this text button
- Once you have done it, you will get to see the page of the Gmail mobile app with your email addresses. There, you need to tap on the “Add another email address” text button.
You can start signing in to your account on Gmail by selecting this option
- On the next page, you have to select “Google” among other providers of email services.
This is the place where you have to start entering your Gmail email address
- Once you have done that, you should enter your email address in this field and tap on the “NEXT.”
In order to access your Gmail account, you have to enter the password of your Gmail account in this field
- On the following page, you have to enter the password of your Gmail account. Then, tap on the “NEXT” button again.
Once you have got to see your Gmail inbox, that means that you have just logged in to your account on Gmail
- Right after doing so, you will access the inbox of your Gmail address. This implies that you have just succeeded to access your account on Gmail.
📱 Login Gmail on iPhones and Android Devices:
If, by any reason, you want to log in to your Gmail account in a mobile browser instead of doing so in a mobile app, you can also do it. As this part of our Gmail sign in guide will show, this method of logging in to your Gmail account tends to be less convenient, indeed. But it still possible, and here we will show you how access your Gmail account in a mobile browser.
If you wish to access your Gmail account in a mobile browser, you have to launch the mobile browser in the first place
- You should start the entire procedure by tapping on the icon of a mobile browser on your smartphone.
- Once you have launched the mobile browser, you should enter “gmail.com” in its address field and access this website.
This is the place where you have to start entering the URL the Gmail website
- On the next page, you have to enter your email address in the provided field. Then, you should tap on the “NEXT” button.
After entering your email address in the given field, you can tap on this button and proceed further
- Following it, you will have to type the password of your Gmail account in the field on the next page. Also, you should tap on the “NEXT” button again.
You should enter the password of your email address in the provided field and tap on this “NEXT” button
- Right after that, you will be able to save your email address and its password in a mobile browser by tapping on the “Remember” button (but you must keep in mind that it makes your account more vulnerable to hacker attacks).
You can also opt to save the password of your email address in a mobile browser by tapping here
- Then, you should skip adding any additional information to your account by tapping on the “Done” button.
You can skip this step and access your gmail account right away simply by tapping on this button
- Immediately after doing so, Gmail will offer you to log in to your Gmail account in its mobile app. Instead of doing so, you should tap on the “I am not interested” text button and access your account.
If you don’t want to use the mobile app and still want to access your account in a mobile browser, you have to tap on this text button
- Right after that, your Gmail inbox will be opened in a mobile browser, and you will be able to start using it right away.
As you can see from this page, you have just succeeded to log in to your account on Gmail
❓ Frequently Asked Questions About Gmail Sign In Procedure:
Q: How can I log in to my Gmail account?
A: As you could read it in our guide, you are able to log in to your Gmail account in different ways: in a web browser, in the Gmail mobile app, and in a mobile browser. Our Gmail sign in guide provides the users with exact instructions on how to log in to your Gmail account by using any of these methods, and you should simply follow the instructions of our guide.
Q: How do I log in to a different Gmail account?
A: If you want to log in to a different Gmail account, you should sign out of your current Gmail account in the first place. For that, you should click on your Gmail account icon and, then, tap on the “Sign Out” menu option in a dropdown menu. Once you have done that, you can follow our instructions above and log in to a different Gmail account.
Q: How to sign in to Gmail on Android?
A: You can log in to your Gmail account on Android in two ways: in the official Gmail mobile application and in a mobile browser. As you could understand from our guide, the first method tends to be far more convenient. But in either case, you can find the instructions for any of these methods in our guide.
Q: How to sign in to Gmail on iPhone?
A: Similar as on Android phones, you can log in to your Gmail account on an iPhone in one of these ways: either by accessing your account in the Gmail mobile application or by logging in to that account in a mobile browser. Keep in mind, however, that you don’t have the Gmail app installed on your smartphone by default (as it is installed on Android devices by default), so you might need to install it. All in all, follow the guidelines that you can find above.
Q: Why can’t I sign in with a different account on Gmail?
A: Perhaps, it happens because you either haven’t signed out of your current Gmail account or you have entered a wrong password. If the problem persists and you are sure you are doing everything correctly, you should contact the Gmail customer support.
Q: Why won’t Gmail let me sign in?
A: As it was pointed in the previous answer, the chances are that you are doing something wrong. If the problem still persists, you can explain it to us in the comments to this article!
Q: How to sign in to Gmail without verification code?
A: You don’t need a verification code for signing in to a Gmail account if you know your current password and you don’t have a 2-step verification turned on. If the problem exists because of the 2-step verification, we can only recommend to turn it off.