In particular, this basic information includes the procedure of Gmail sign in and the procedure of password recovery. So let’s have a look how one is able to do sign in to Gmail and to recover one’s password.
Gmail Sign In Step-by-Step:
Complete the Gmail sign in procedure
- First Step. Launch your browser and enter the Google’s website.
You have to enter your password here for Gmail sign in
- Second Step. Click on the blue “Sign in” button (look at the picture) and proceed further.
This way looks the “Google apps” button
- Third Step. On the next page, you will see an account that you will use for signing in. If you need to change the account and log in to the system with another account, click on “Sign in with a different account.” If not, just enter your password in the respective field and click on the “Sign in” button.
Select Gmail among other Google applications
- Fourth Step. Immediately after it, you will appear on the main webpage of Google again, but this time you will be logged in. Now, click on the icon of Google apps (look at the third image) and choose Gmail in the opened pop-up menu.
Click here if you need to recover the password
- Fifth Step. Use your Gmail account freely.
Click here if you do not remember any password
If, however, you are unable to access your Gmail account, do the following steps:
- First Step. On the Google’s website, click on “Sign in.”
After clicking on “Next”, you will receive a verification code onto your other email address
- Second Step. Once you get to see the page with the selection of profiles, choose the profile the password of which you need to recover. Under the large blue button for signing in, find a question “Need help?” Click on it.
The code has to be entered in this field
- Third Step. At first, Google will ask you to enter the last password you remember. If you don’t remember or want to try a different question, click on “Try a different question” below the “Next” button.
This way looks the letter with the verification code
- Fourth Step. At this moment, Google will offer you to recover your password with the help of your additional email or the phone number. Click on the “Next” button.
- Fifth Step. You will get a notification that the verification code has been sent to your email or mobile number. Go there, find the letter/message from Google, and copy the 6-digit code into the field on Gmail page. Click on “Next.”
The last step in recovering your password
- Sixth Step. Now, you need to set up a new reliable password for your Gmail account. Compose a password and enter it in both fields. Click on the blue “Change password” button. Now you are back to Gmail, and click on “Skip”, “Done”, and “Continue.” Now you are logged in to your account again. Welcome back!