The feature of Gmail filters (or better to say, filters in general) is, perhaps, the most necessary and demanded feature, no matter what kind of an email service provider you are currently using.
Email filters allow you to get rid of the annoying spam and sort out the letters you receive the way you want, while keeping this procedure completely automatized! The feature of Gmail filters, however, is able to boast most functional and easy-to-configure filters, among all other email service providers. You need just a couple of minutes in order to configure the filters the way you wish, and you can easily do so by following the guidelines we have presented below.
Start using the Gmail filters right now by signing in to your account and configuring the settings
- At first, you need to access your Gmail account by going to http://google.com/ and clicking on the “Sign in” button (have a look at the image).
Enter the password and get signed in to Gmail
- Then, you will be asked to enter your email address and, after clicking on the “Next” button, your password. Once you have done it, click on “Sign in.”
This way looks the list of Google apps
- You will get to see the main webpage of Google right after it. Go to the list of Google apps and select Gmail among other apps.
In order to sign in to Gmail, click on the Gmail icon
- Once you have got to see the main page of your account, you need to find the button of settings, depicted in the shape of a cogwheel and placed in the right-upper part of your screen. Click on it. In the pop-up menu that will get opened, you have to click on “Settings” once again.
Select “Settings” after clicking on the button of settings in the shape of a cogwheel
- Right after it, you will get to see the main page of settings, i.e. the page of your account’s general settings. At the top, there will be different sections of settings. You have to click on “Filters and Blocked Adresses.” Do it.
Here, you can set up new Gmail filters or change the existing ones
- On the given page, you will find such text buttons as “Create a new filter” or “Import filters.” Click on the first button.
- In the newly-opened window, you will be able to create a new filter. There will be 5 fields, in which you have to apply the settings you wish. Also, you can include or exclude letters that has attachments as well as your Gmail chats that are suitable for the specified settings. After all, you can specify the size of letters that cannot be included in the search, or vice versa. Click on “Create filter with this search”, after all.
This way looks the window for the creation of Gmail filters
- On the following page, you will be able to specify what to do with the letters that have just been sorted out and that will be suitable for this filter in the future. After placing a tick near the respective option, click on “Create filter.”