Apart from Gmail labs, a useful feature that allows to embed a number of experimental stuff into your email, there is also an ability to add Gmail add-ons to your account. Add-ons are a sort of applications, developed by various companies, which broaden the number of the features available, as well as integrate your Gmail account with other services. Our step-by-step guide explores how you can take advantage of Gmail add-ons with ease.
In order to take advantage of Gmail add-ons, you need to sign in to your Gmail account
- First of all, start the entire process by launching your browser and copying the following address into its address line: https://google.com/. Push “Enter.”
Select your account or type it in the provided field in order to proceed further
- Right after it, you will get to see the main page of Google and the blue “Sign in” button, placed in the right-upper corner. Click on that button.
This page requires you to type your password in this field and click on “Next”
- Following it, you will start the Gmail sign in procedure. You need either to select your account out of the displayed ones or type your email in the provided field.
After returning to the Google’s main page, you should go to “Gmail”
- After that, type your password in and click on the “Next” button.
Give a click to the “Settings” button and select “Get add-ons” in the pop-up menu
- You will be redirected back to the main page of Google, where you can click on the “Gmail” text button, located in the upper part of the page.
In this search field, you are able to seek the add-ons you wish
- That will help you access your inbox, where you need to click on the “Settings” button (located in the right part and displayed in a form of a cogwheel).
After accessing the page of a particular add-on, you need to click on the “Install” button
- Giving a click to that button will cause a pop-up menu, where should select “Get add-ons.”
If you want to move further, give a click to the “Continue” button
- In the next window, you will get to see a number of add-ons. You can seek add-ons by typing an add-on’s name in the search field.
Provide access to your account by clicking on the “Allow” button
- Once you have found a suitable add-on, click on its icon.
- On the page of the add-on, you should click on the “Install” button.
- After that, the application will ask a permission to access your Gmail account. You need to click on “Continue.”
Eventually, you will see a notification that an application has been installed
- Then, the app will ask you to provide the necessary permission with a list of the permissions it wants to receive. Click on “Allow.”
- In a couple of seconds, the installment will be completed. You need to click on the “DONE” button.