Google provides you with an opportunity to control Gmail content (as well as the content from other Google services). In this article, we will show you how to do it in a quite easy way, allowing you to ensure that your important content won’t disappear on the web.
Begin adjusting your settings with logging in to the service
- Launch your browser and go to the next website: http://google.com/.
Select an account in order to proceed further
- There, you should click on the “Sign in” button in the right-upper corner and complete the procedure of Gmail sign in.
Finalize the sign in procedure by clicking on the “Next” button
- Provide your email address or select the account and click on “Next.”
Access your Gmail inbox by clicking here
- Type your password in the given field and click on “Next.”
Select “Settings” in this pop-up menu
- After getting redirected back to the main page of Google, you should give a click to “Gmail” at the top.
In order to control Gmail content, you should click on this text button and proceed further
- Once you have accessed your Gmail inbox, you should click on the “Settings” button, located on the right and displayed in a form of a cogwheel. In the pop-up menu, click on “Settings” once again.
This page allows you to manage all the settings of your Google account
- On the page of settings, you should select “Accounts and Import” in the settings menu.
Get to control Gmail content by giving a click to this text button
- Near “Change account settings,” you should click on “Other Google Account settings.”
Now, you can control Gmail content of yours on this page
- After accessing the page where you can configure the settings of your account, you should give a click to “Control your content” under “Personal info & privacy.”
You are able to create an archive and download all the files and data of yours from all Google services
- You will be redirected to the page where you can do anything you want with your content. First of all, you can download your data. In order to do so, you need to click on “CREATE ARCHIVE” under “Download your data.”
You can specify what to do with your Gmail content after you become unavailable to use it
- Another thing you can do is to change what happens with your account in case if you stop using it. Click on “CHANGE THIS SETTING” under “Inactive Account Manager.”
Click on the “Start” button in order to change the settings of how to control Gmail content of yours
- On the next page, you should click on the “START” button in order to start configuring this setting.
You are obliged to provide your phone number and email address in order to proceed further
- Then, you need to select when the applied setting will be enacted (for example, “after 6 months of inactivity), provide your mobile number and reserve email address. Click on “Next.”
You can add a person who will gain access to your account
- Then, you can add a person, who will gain access to your account after you will stop using it. Just click on “ADD PERSON” and provide his/her email address. Click on “Next.”
After entering email of that person, click on “NEXT”
- At the end, you can specify to delete your Google account in case if it will remain inactive. Just drag the button to the left in order to enact this setting.
Now, you have finalized the procedure of adjusting the content control settings
- After all, click on “Review Plan” and finalize the settings configuration.