Gmail is a service that offers a large variety of customization options and settings, and that is something many users value it for. There may happen situations when you may have a need to change a name of yours that the others see when receiving emails from you. Thankfully, Gmail offers such an opportunity and our article will show you how to change your Gmail name displayed to other users.
The first step you should make is going to the main webpage of Google and clicking on the “Sign in” button
- The first thing you should do is launching your browser and going to the following webpage: https://google.com/.
Choose the account where you want to change your Gmail name
- On the main webpage of Google, you will notice the blue “Sign in” button, placed in the right-upper corner. Click on it.
In order to proceed further, you have to type your password in the given field
- Then, you will have to carry out the Gmail sign in procedure. First of all, choose the account where you wish to change your name (or type it in and click on “Next”).
You should click on this text button for accessing your Gmail inbox
- The next step of yours must be entering your password and clicking on “Next.”
By clicking on this menu item, you can access the page of Gmail settings
- Right after doing so, you will be returned to the Google’s main webpage. Then, you will have to click on the “Gmail” text button, located in the upper part of the page.
You will get to see the page of general Gmail settings
- After accessing the inbox, you need to click on the “Settings” button, located in the right part of the page.
You need to access the “Accounts and Import” section of your settings
- Once you have got to see the page of general settings, you will see different sections of settings at the top. You need to click on “Accounts and Import.”
On the page of the“Accounts and Import” settings, you are able to change your Gmail name
- The third line in the “Accounts and Import” section will be “Send mail as.” To the right side of this line, there is the “edit info” text button. Click on it.
Type a new name in the given field and click on the “Save Changes” button
- In the new window, you will have to select the new name and type it in the given field. Once you are done with it, click on the “Save Changes” button.
Now, you can observe that a new name has been applied to your account
- After completing all those manipulations, you will notice that your name displayed to other users who receive your email letters have been changed.