If you have faced problems with accessing your account on Facebook, the largest social network in the world, then you may have a need to resort to the procedure of Facebook password recovery. The procedure consists of just several steps and will not take much time of yours. So no matter whether you have just lost your password or it has been stolen, use the guidelines, published below, in order to regain the control over your account. Recover Facebook password with the help of this simple guide:
Recover Facebook Password Step-by-Step:
You have to click on this text button in order to recover Facebook password
- First Step. First of all, open your browser and go to the following website: http://facebook.com/.
At first, you need to get your account identified
- Second Step. There is a sign in form, located in the right-upper part of Facebook’s main page. Typically, you use this form for logging in. At this point, however, you have to find the “Forgot account?” text button, placed right below the password field. Click on it.
Choose the means of resetting the password and click on the “Continue” button
- Third Step. In order to recover Facebook password, you need to identify your account first. For that, you need to enter one of the following data linked to your account: full name, username, phone number, or email. Do so and click on the “Search” button.
Such a letter with a verification code will appear in your email inbox
- Fourth Step. After it, the system will identify your account and offer you the means of getting a verification code. Since there has been only email address linked to the account used in this guide, we had to opt to reset the password via email address and click on the “Continue” button.
Copy the code and insert it in this field; after doing so, click on “Continue”
- Fifth Step. Now, you have to go to the inbox of your email. Find there a letter sent by Facebook, open it, copy the verification code from the letter, and paste it into the field on the Facebook page.
Finally, you are able to recover Facebook password and set up a new, reliable password
- Sixth Step. Once you have pasted the code into the field, click on the “Continue” button.
It is better, however, if you opt to log out of the other devices of yours
- Seventh Step. After all, you can set up a new Facebook password. Just make up a password and type it in the given field. Yet, make sure there is no one looking after you, since the password is displayed (you have to click on the “Hide” button in order to have it hidden, the way it is displayed on the image). Once you have done it, click on the “Continue” button.
Facebook may offer you to make your account more secure, but it will take quite a while
- Eighth Step. After doing so, you will be asked whether you want to stay logged in on the other devices. It is better, however, to get logged out. Opt the options that suits you and click on “Continue.” After it, Facebook may ask you to improve your security – click on “Get Started” for doing so. However, you have successfully completed the procedure of Facebook password recovery.