Facebook is a social network that has recently introduced a large number of features. Even though many of those features are usually neglected by the users, such a feature as the Facebook nearby places feature is, indeed, worth your attention. With the help of this feature, you can find out about the nearby events, places, and establishments within a minute. This guide will provide you with exact instructions on how to do it.
The Facebook nearby places feature allows you to get to know what is around you, but you should access Facebook’s app first
- You can start the procedure simply by finding the icon of the Facebook app on your smartphone and tapping on it.
After accessing this page, you need to scroll down until you will find “Nearby Places”
- Right after you have launched the app, you need to click on the three-lined settings button, located in the right part of the screen (right near the bell icon).
Click on this button in order to access the Facebook nearby places feature
- On the page of your app’s and account’s settings, you need to scroll down until you will find the “Nearby Places” menu option with a red icon. Give it a click.
If you want to take advantage of the Facebook nearby places feature, you need to enable GPS and provide access to it to Facebook
- Once you have done that, you will access the page of the Facebook nearby places feature, and exactly there you can get to know more information about the places around you. However, you need to enable your GPS and share the location first. Thus, you should click on the “Turn on Location” button.
Tap here in order to enable GPS and provide it to Facebook
- On the following page, you will have to enable the access to your location and provide it to Facebook – just swap the button near it.
Now you need to choose one of the sections given here
- Then, you will get redirected to the page of the Facebook nearby places feature once more. There, you will see 8 categories of establishments: shopping, hotels, arts, outdoors, nightlife, coffee, restaurants, and all. Click on one of those.
Here you can see the places around you where you can go
- Right after doing so, you will get to see the places around you in a specific category. They will typically feature a rating on Facebook and an address. You can get to know about a particular establishment simply by clicking on it.
If you scroll down below those sections, you will see the closest places to your current location
- If you return to the page of that feature, you will also notice that it displays the places that are located closest to you.
You can also read about the changes that have been brought by Facebook’s change of algorithm on this page.