Notifications may sometimes be quite annoying on Facebook, and that is the reason why you should consider changing them. It requires not more than 5 minutes of your time, and our simple guide will demonstrate how to configure notifications settings in Facebook app.
You can configure notification settings in Facebook app with ease, and here is a guide how to do it
- You can start the process by finding the Facebook app on your smartphone and tapping on it.
In order to configure the settings of notifications in Facebook app, you need to scroll down till the bottom
- Once you have done that, you will get to see your Facebook feed. At the top, there will be featured four buttons: feed, users, notifications, and settings. You should tap on the last one.
By clicking on this section, you will access the page where you will be able to configure notifications settings in Facebook app
- After you have accessed the page of settings on your Facebook app, you need to scroll down till almost very bottom – until you will find the “Notifications settings” section (have a look at the image). Click on it.
These are the settings you can configure and enable/disable some of the notifications
- Once you have accessed that page of the notifications settings, you will see a variety of options. However, scroll until the bottom.
Click here in order to edit push notifications on your Facebook app
- There, you will see quite a small “Where you receive notifications” section. The first item under it will be “Push.” Click on it.
By tapping here, you can simply disable the vibration notifications at all
- Here, you can configure notifications of your Facebook app. It contains the following sections: Do not disturb, Vibrate, Phone LED, Sounds, and Tone.
If you tap here, you will be able to select a new ringtone as a notification sound
- Click on the buttons next to Sounds, Phone LED, or Vibrate in order to turn off any of them.
As you can see, the list of various ringtones you may choose out of is quite large
- Then, you should click on the “Tone” section.
After you have found a suitable ringtone, you need to finish this procedure by clicking on this text button
- In the newly appeared window, you can set up a different notification tone.
- Once you have found a suitable tone, select it and click on the “OK” button.
You can configure this setting and no one (no notifications) will disturb you during the set time
- The ringtone has just been changed.
- Now, you can also configure no one to disturb you. Click on “Do not disturb.
In a pretty same way, you can configure every type and section of the notification settings
- There, specify the time during which you shouldn’t be disturbed by the notifications. Then, click on the “DONE” button.
- This way, you can configure every section in the “Notifications settings” page.
If you still haven’t joined Facebook, find out how to sign up for it here.