Facebook, the world’s largest social network, can boast to have a lot of useful local features. One of such features that you can find in the Android or iOS app of Facebook is called “Events,” and it allows you to find information about the events that take place around you. This way, you can easily find out how to spend a pastime. Besides, there are various categories of such events, and some of them are matched according to your interests. With the help of this step-by-step guide, you can learn how to browse events on Facebook with ease. Enjoy!
There is nothing difficult to be able to browse events on Facebook, yet you need to access the app in the first place
- The first thing you should do before you will be able to browse events on Facebook is launching this mobile application on your smartphone. Find its icon on your smartphone and tap on it.
After accessing the page of your Facebook app’s settings, you need to scroll down until you will find “Events”
- Once you have launched the app, you will get to see your Facebook feed. At the top, you will see four icons and you need to click on the one located to the right – that will lead you to the page of your app’s settings.
Once you have spotted this section with a red icon, give it a click and proceed further
- After you have accessed the page of your app’s settings, you will get to see a large variety of features. Yet, you need to scroll down until you will spot the “Events” feature with a red icon. Click on it.
On this page, you are able to explore events and happenings around you
- Then, you will get to see the page where you can browse events on Facebook. Thus, if you will ever have a need to find out about events that are going to take place in your area soon, you should access this page.
As you can see, events are broken up into different categories, which makes it easy to browse them and find something suitable for you
- Now let’s have a look at how it works. At the top, the events are organized according to the date when they will take place: today, tomorrow, and this week, which makes it easy to browse them.
Here, you can see the calendar, which typically contains the birthdays of your friends
- Scroll down the “Explore” section and you will notice that apart from “Suggested for you” events, there will also appear events that match with the events you have attended before – isn’t it fairly convenient?
On this page, you can create your own even for an organization or congratulate your friends
- After all, you can go to the “Calendar”section of this feature. Actually, you are likely to see only birthdays of your friends there.
- You can also create your own event by going to “Hosting” and clicking on “Create event.”
Besides, you can also get to know how to sign up for Facebook.