The guide below does not just show you how to complete the Facebook sign in procedure but also provides you with instructions for recovering your password. Good luck!
💻 Facebook Sign In Step-by-Step:
The Facebook sign in form is placed in a quite visible spot
- First Step. In order to give a go to the Facebook sign in procedure, you have to open the browser and go to the social network’s website (https://www.facebook.com/).
A few clicks and you are logged in to the system
- Second Step. In the right-upper corner, there is the Facebook sign in form. And fairly speaking, it is difficult not to notice it (look at the image). There, you have to enter either your phone number or email as well as the password from your Facebook account. After it, click on “Log in.”
Click here if you have lost the password
- Third Step. Immediately, you appear in your account while seeing the feed page.
If you are not able to remember your password or it was stolen, however, you have to do the following steps:
- First Step. After getting to the main page of Facebook, find the question “Forgot your password?” below the Facebook sign in form. Once you have detected that question, click right on it.
First, you need to identify your account
- Second Step. At first, you need to identify your account. In order to get your account be found, you need to provide your full name, username, or phone number. If you do not know or do not have any of those, you need to click on “I can’t identify my account” to the left side from the “Search” button. After all, click on “Search.”
Then, proceed to reset the existing password
- Third Step. Once your account is identified, you will be offered to reset the password with the help of your email address or phone number. Since our account had solely email address confirmed (without a phone number), we have got only one option. On this page, you have to choose the option you wish and click on the “Continue” button.
You will receive a special security code to your email address or phone number, and you have to enter that code in this window
- Fourth Step. You will see that a 6-digit security code has been sent to your email. Go to the inbox and find the letter from Facebook. Then, you have to copy the code into the field on Facebook. Do so and click on the “Continue” button.
The letter of Facebook with the confirmation code is something like this
- Fifth Step. You will be able to set up a new password on the new page. However, keep in mind that the password is displayed there – so you need to click “Hide” first if you are entering the password somewhere in the public place. At the same time, the password is entered only once (without repeating). Once you have entered the new password, click on “Continue.”
Finish the process by setting up a new password
- Sixth Step. In the new window, you can choose to either log out from other device or remain logged in. At last, click on the “Continue” button and welcome back to Facebook!
Opt whether to remain logged in or not
📰 Login Facebook in the Official Mobile App:
In fact, you can use Facebook not only on your PC or laptop, but also on your smartphone. As this guide has shown, it tends to be especially convenient to use this service in the official Facebook application, which is available for both iOS and Android. If you have installed this mobile application (and if not, you can follow the instructions of the guide that has been linked before) onto your smartphone, you can easily sign in to your Facebook account by using this app. Let us know what you think about it in the comments 😊!
Before you will be able to log in to your Facebook account in the official app of this social network, you should actually launch this app
- You should start by finding the icon of the official Facebook app on your smartphone and tapping on it.
If you wish to start the Facebook sign in procedure, you have to start typing your email address or phone number in this field
- Once you have launched this mobile application, you will get to see a Facebook sign in form, placed right in the center – that is exactly the place where you can start accessing your Facebook account.
At this point, you should enter the password of your Facebook account
- At first, you should type your email address in the first field.
Now, you can tap on this button and access your account on Facebook
- Then, you have to enter the password of your Facebook account in the second field.
- Following it, you can tap on the huge “LOG IN” button.
If you tap on this button, your password will be remembered in this app for the future sessions
- Following it, you may see a window that you are offered to save your password for future sessions. If you tap on the “OK” button, your password will be saved.
As you can see, you have just logged in to your account on Facebook successfully
- Immediately after that, you will get to see the feed of your Facebook account – this implies that you have just succeeded to log in to your account on Facebook.
📱 Sign In To Facebook Account In a Mobile Browser:
If you want to access your Facebook account on a mobile phone but you don’t have a Facebook app (for instance, you don’t have space for that), that’s not a problem. Instead of using the official mobile application of Facebook, you can log in to your account in a mobile browser. Indeed, that tends to be far less convenient than using the mobile app. But if you follow these instructions, you will not face any problems during this process:
You can also access your Facebook account in a mobile browser, and you should launch that browser for this purpose
- At first, you have to access a mobile browser that you will use for logging in to your Facebook account. In order to do that, you should tap on the icon of that mobile browser.
At this stage, you have to type the URL of Facebook in the address line and proceed further
- Once you have launched this mobile browser on your smartphone, you have to enter the URL of Facebook (facebook.com) in the address line of that browser.
In order to sign in to your Facebook account, you should type either your email address or your phone number in this field
- After accessing the mobile version of the Facebook website, you will notice a quick sign in form of Facebook, placed right at the top of the page – you should use it for accessing your Facebook account.
The password of your account on Facebook must be entered in this field
- You have to type your email address or phone number (linked to your Facebook account) in the first field of that form.
Now, you can tap on this button and access your Facebook account right away
- Then, you have to enter the password of your Facebook account in the second field of that form.
- Eventually, you have to tap on the “Log In” button in order to enter your account on Facebook.
- Once you have done that, you might be offered to save your password in that mobile browser. If you tap on the “OK” button, your password will be remembered for the future sessions.
If you will tap on this button, it will mean that you will be able to sign in to your Facebook account with just one click
- After doing so, you will be redirected to the page of your Facebook feed, which means that you have just logged in to your Facebook account successfully. Now, you can continue using it on your mobile phone!
❓ Frequently Asked Questions About Signing In To Facebook:
Q: What it means to “sign in to Facebook?”
A: “Facebook sign in” actually means accessing your Facebook account. In other words, you log in to your account on Facebook.
Q: How can I log in to my account on Facebook?
A: In fact, the procedure of signing in to a Facebook account is fairly simple, and you can sign in to your account either on the website of Facebook or in the official mobile app of this social network. In order to complete the sign in procedure, you have to enter your email address (or phone number) and the password of your account.
Q: Should I sign in to my account on Facebook every time I want to access it?
A: Of course, you don’t have to complete this sign in procedure on Facebook every time. Instead, you can opt to save your password in the app and/or browser. As long as you don’t clear the cookies and cache of the browsers and apps and as long as you don’t log out of your account, you will be able to access your account on Facebook with one click.
Q: Is it safe to keep the password remember in the app and browser?
A: The answer to this question actually depends. If you tend to visit websites with malicious software or pirated content, the chances are that you are in a risk zone of getting hacked. Likewise, we wouldn’t recommend you to save the password of your Facebook account elsewhere except of the devices that can be accessed only by you. And of course, you should never save your account’s password on public devices (like the computers in a public library).
Q: What should I do if I saved the password from my account on someone else’s phone?
A: In such a case, you should go to the security settings of your account and log out of all the devices. If such an instance has happened to you, we would recommend you to change your password on Facebook.
Q: Can I sign in to my Facebook account if I don’t know the password?
A: Unfortunately, you can’t access your Facebook account that easy in such a case. In this instance, you should recover the password of your Facebook account first. Only after doing so, you will be allowed to sign in to your Facebook account.
Q: How to sign out in Facebook?
A: In order to sign out of your Facebook account, you should tap on the arrow button, placed in the right-upper corner. In the dropdown menu, you should click on “Log Out.”
Q: How to sign in to Facebook invisible?
A: In order to be invisible for someone on Facebook, you should access your Facebook account, go to the advanced chat settings, and add the people whom you want not to see you online to the “exceptions.”
If you have just used our guides (in particular, the Facebook Sign Up and the Facebook Account Create guides) or you are just new to this social network, it is important to ensure that your experience of using Facebook is fairly agreeable.