Developers of Facebook concentrated much of their efforts on making navigation on the website as easy and comfortable as possible.
So the guide below does not just show you how to complete the Facebook sign in procedure, but also provides you with instructions for recovering your password. Good luck!
Facebook Sign In Step-by-Step:
The Facebook sign in form is placed on a quite visible spot
- First Step. In order to give a go to the Facebook sign in procedure, you have to open the browser and go to the social network’s website (http://facebook.com/).
A few clicks and you are logged in to the system
- Second Step. In the right-upper corner, there is the Facebook sign in form. And fairly speaking, it is difficult not to notice it (look at the image). There, you have to enter either your phone number or email as well as the password from your Facebook account. After it, click on “Log in.”
Click here if you have lost the password
- Third Step. Immediately, you appear in your account while seeing the feed page.
If you are not able to remember your password or it was stolen, however, you have to do the following steps:
- First Step. After getting to the main page of Facebook, find the question “Forgot your password?” below the Facebook sign in form. Once you have detected that question, click right on it.
First you need to identify your account
- Second Step. At first, you need to identify your account. In order to get your account be found, you need to provide your full name, username, or phone number. If you do not know or do not have any of those, you need to click on “I can’t identify my account” to the left side from the “Search” button. After all, click on “Search.”
Then, proceed to resetting the existing password
- Third Step. Once your account is identified, you will be offered to reset the password with the help of your email address or phone number. Since our account had solely email address confirmed (without phone number), we have got only one option. On this page, you have to choose the option you wish and click on the “Continue” button.
You will receive a special security code onto your email address or phone number, and you have to enter that code in this window
- Fourth Step. You will see that a 6-digit security code has been sent to your email. Go to the inbox and find the letter from Facebook. Then, you have to copy the code into the field on Facebook. Do so and click on the “Continue” button.
The letter of Facebook with the confirmation code is something like this
- Fifth Step. You will be able to set up a new password on the new page. However, keep in mind that the password is displayed there – so you need to click “Hide” first if you are entering the password somewhere in the public place. At the same time, the password is entered only once (without repeating). Once you have entered the new password, click on “Continue.”
Finish the process by setting up a new password
- Sixth Step. In the new window, you can choose to either log out from other device or remain logged in. At last, click on the “Continue” button and welcome back to Facebook!
Opt whether to remain logged in or not
If you have just used our guides (in particular, the Facebook Sign Up and the Facebook Account Create guides) or you are just new to this social network, it is important to ensure that your experience of using Facebook is fairly agreeable.