If you want to popularize the brand of your company or simply your website on the web, the first thing you need to do is to create a Facebook public page.
Follow the step-by-step guide, published below, and create a public page for your company.
Sign in to the social network in order to create a Facebook public page
- At first, you have to launch the browser and go to Facebook’s website: http://facebook.com/.
You have to click here in order to get the page created
- After it, find the sign in form in the upper part of Facebook’s main page. Enter there your data (email address and password) and click on the “Log In” button.
Choose what type of a Facebook public page you want to create
- In order to create a public page, you need to pay attention to the menu you have on the left. In the section of pages, find “Create Page” (look at the screenshot). Click on it.
Let’s suppose we are going to create a community page
- On the next page, you need to choose what kind of public page you want to create. Let’s suppose you want to create a community, which is the best choice for websites. Click on it.
- In the given field, you have to enter the name of the future Facebook public page. Do it and click on the “Get started” button.
Even though you are able to skip all the steps, it is better to provide all the information from the beginning
- Following it, you will see several windows where you have to provide the information about your public page. You can, however, skip it, though it would be better to do right away – then, your page will look more trustworthy. So, you have to enter the information about your company or website in the first field, whereas type the website’s address in the second field. Click on the “Save Info” button.
You are able to upload a photo for your Facebook public page either from your computer or from a website
- In the next window, you have to provide an image for your page. You can add an image from your laptop or PC, or you can enter the URL of your website and choose an image from there. After having chosen the image, click on the “Save Photo” button.
It is better to add the page to your favorites
- After it, you will be asked whether you want to add the page to your favorites. It would be better to add it, as you are, perhaps, going to visit and work on this page frequently. If you don’t want to do so, click on “Skip.” If you have added the page to the favorites, click on “Next.”
This step is incredibly important: you have to provide as accurate data as possible in order to target the right audience
- In the last window, which is perhaps the most important one, you have to specify who is your target audience. Do it and click on the “Save” button. Then, you will get to see your newly created public page.
This way looks the newly created Facebook public page
If you want just to join Facebook and make use of its feature of the public pages, please read our guides, published on the following pages: Create New Account Facebook, Facebook Sign Up, and Facebook Sign In.