Facebook appears to be the world’s most popular social network with the number of users approaching to 2 billion bit by bit. Thanks to such popularity, Facebook has become a common spot not only for common, naïve users, but also for experience hackers who always make attempts to get access over specific Facebook accounts. In order to avoid the fate of such accounts, it would be a good decision to change Facebook password from time to time.
If you think that it is just a headache and consumes a lot of time, then forget about it: it will take really no more than a couple of minutes. In order to make it easier for yourself, just follow the guidelines which are published below.
How to Change Facebook Password Step-by-Step:
In the first place, you certainly have to log in to your account
- First Step. Open the browser and go to the website of Facebook: http://facebook.com/.
Click on this button in the shape of pointer
- Second Step. Once you have got to see the main webpage of Facebook, enter your login (phone number or email) and password in the respective fields and click on the “Log in” button.
After the pop-up menu has been opened, select “Settings”
- Third Step. After accessing your Facebook account, find the button of settings in the shape of pointer. Click on it.
You can change your password right in the general settings of your Facebook account
- Fourth Step. You will see a pop-up menu opened, and you have to select “Settings” once again in that menu.
This way looks the window for changing the Facebook password
- Fifth Step. Immediately after it, you will get to see the page of your Facebook account’s settings. On the left, there will be a menu with different categories of settings. By default, you get to see the page of general account settings – exactly what you need. Find the password field and click on “Edit.”
Near the fields of the new password, you can see whether your new Facebook password is strong enough and whether do the passwords match
- Sixth Step. In the newly appeared window, you will see the current password automatically entered. If it wasn’t entered, you have to type it manually. Then, compose a password for your account and type it in both fields. Beside fields, there will be indicators whether the password is reliable enough and whether both of the passwords match. If you think that all looks alright, click on the “Save changes” button.
You can opt to either log out of the rest of your devices or keep them logged in
- Seventh Step. In the next window, you will be asked whether you want to stay logged in on other devices. Choose whether you want or not and click on “Continue.”
You will get to see the page of general settings again, and it will be displayed that your password has been changed a couple of seconds ago
- Eighth Step. Your Facebook password has just been updated. You will appear on the page of general account settings again, so in the password field you will see that the password has been changed just a while ago.