Twitter, along with Facebook and Instagram, appears to be one of the most popular social networks in the world, allowing its users to send messages that are equal to or shorter than 140 symbols. Yet, sometimes it happens that a user wants to leave this social network, and leaving the account which will no longer be used behind is a good catch for hackers. Barely anyone wants his/her personal and sensitive information to be stolen, and, therefore, it would be the wisest decision to delete your Twitter account before actually stopping to use it. Our simple guide will show you how to delete Twitter account step by step, as well as provide you with a great deal of information about why one may stop using a Twitter account or how to fix the issues that hinder obtaining a good user experience.
How to Delete Twitter Account: Reasons to Consider Stopping Using Twitter
Actually, there are lots of reasons that may prompt users to consider finishing using this social network. On the other hand, being presented on Twitter is important in the modern-day world. So, the reasons that may cause the necessity to delete Twitter account may include the following ones:
- Losing an interest in this social network.
- Opting to spend time on other social networks (such as Facebook) rather than Twitter.
- Inability to write long reads with the limitation of 140 symbols.
- Being worried about the safety and privacy of one’s account, as well as one’s data.
How to Remove Twitter Account: Which Issues on Twitter Can Be Solved
It frequently happens that the users decide to delete their accounts because of certain issues they couldn’t solve and that deliver a negative user experience. Before proceeding to the procedure of actually deleting the Twitter account, therefore, we suggest you to have a look at this section. Here, we have prepared a selection of the common issues that the Twitter users frequently face, and they come with the links to the guides and solutions to those issues. So, the issues include the following ones:
- You feel that your privacy has been threatened or violated. Then, you should try to configure the Twitter privacy settings in a right way that satisfies you.
- Your Twitter account seems vulnerable and may easily be hacked. We suggest you to link your Twitter account to your phone number and improve your account’s security settings.
- You are being bothered by myriads of notifications (SMSs and emails) from Twitter. In such an instance, you should configure the settings of notifications from Twitter in a right way.
- You feel that your password is either too weak or known by someone else. Therefore, you should set up a new, more reliable and stronger password for your Twitter account.
- You are being constantly harassed or threatened by someone. You should definitely work the feature of blocking unwanted accounts.
- You want to change the information about you, hide certain information from Twitter, or obtain the copy of your activities and data on Twitter. All of this can be done by following these instructions.
How to Delete Twitter Account Step By Step
If you have proceeded to this section, then you have really made up your mind about terminating your account on Twitter. Here are the instructions about how to delete Twitter account of yours:
Prior you will learn how to delete Twitter account of yours, you need to log in to this social network
- The first thing you should is to launch your browser and go to the following page: https://twitter.com/.
In order to get to know how to delete Twitter account and move on with this procedure, you need to select “Settings and privacy” in this pop-up menu
- After accessing the main page of Twitter, you will get to see two forms there: the Twitter sign in form (the one located above) and the Twitter sign up form (the one located below). You need to use the first form in order to sign in to your Twitter account.
You are able to close your Twitter account with the help of the account settings page
- Enter your username, email address, or phone number in the first field of the first form. Type your password in the second field. Eventually, click on the “Log In” button.
In order to proceed to the termination of your Twitter account, you need to click on this text button
- After you have accessed your account on Twitter, you need to click on your profile photo.
As this notification points out, your Twitter account will be available for restoring during just 30 days since the moment of its termination
- That would trigger a pop-up menu, where you should select the “Settings and privacy” menu item.
Before you will be allowed to deactivate your Twitter account, you will be asked to type your password in this field once again
- Once you have clicked on that menu item, you will get to see the page of your Twitter account’s settings. In the section of the “Account” settings, you need to scroll down until the very bottom.
- At the bottom, you will get to see the “Deactivate your account” text button. Click on that button.
Once you have gotten to see this notification, it means that now you have got an answer to your “How to delete Twitter account?” question
- After doing so, Twitter will show you a notification saying that all your data will be deleted within 30 days. You need to click on the “Deactivate…” button.
- In order to close your Twitter account, you will have to enter your password in the provided field once again. After that, you should click on the “Deactivate” button.
- At the end, you will get to see that your account has been deactivated. If you log in to your account within 30 days, however, it will be restored and the procedure of the account termination will be cancelled. This way, you have learnt about how to delete Twitter account.