Netflix is one of the largest video streaming services that serves the audience worldwide, and it can boast the audience as large as more than 110 million subscribers. Moreover, the service also offers a free month of the subscription (for any plan) to any new user, which attracts lots of customers. However, many people change their minds and opt not to use the service of Netflix anymore, opting for other alternatives: either the digital TV or the competitors of Netflix. One way or another, but it would be better to delete your account when you stop using a particular service – this way, you can guarantee that your data will not be stolen. Our simple guide will show you how to delete Netflix account, as well as it will provide you with many useful links for configuring your account. Enjoy!
How to Delete Netflix Account: What Does This Mean?
When you are seeking how to close Netflix account, you are likely to presume that your Netflix account gets deleted like a Gmail or Yahoo account. However, this service does not provide you with an option to delete your account, but rather just allows you to cancel the subscription. This way, Netflix stores the information about your preferences for 10 months more after you have cancelled the subscription. After those 10 months, however, all the information from your account – including the payment methods – will be deleted.
How to Remove Netflix Account: Solving Common Problems on Netflix
Sometimes users tend to abandon certain services when they aren’t able to solve some issues, which make the experience of using the services far worse and less satisfying. If it happened to you, however, there is no need to close your Netflix account. We have identified the most common issues users face on Netflix and provided guides with solutions to those issues, namely:
- You receive too many letters or notifications from Netflix. This can be solved by configuring the Netflix communication settings.
- The password from your Netflix account seems to be known by someone else or too vulnerable. That can be easily fixed by changing your Netflix password to a stronger one.
- You have doubts about the security of your account in general. Apart from the advice above, we also suggest you to make use of this guide and strengthen the security of your Netflix account.
- You have stopped using the email address your account is linked to. Well, then there is no need to close your Netflix account, as you can change the email of your Netflix account
- You are worried about your kids seeing inappropriate content on Netflix. Just take advantage of the feature of the parental controls.
- You want to change a method of payment on Netflix. Well, you can do it easily with the existing account by following these instructions.
- You want to get an account with a higher (more expensive) or lower (cheaper) tariff plan. Then, you need just to follow this guide and change the subscription plan on your current account.
How to Delete Netflix Account Step By Step
If you have taken a decision about closing your account on Netflix, then you should follow the instructions provided further in order to learn how to delete Netflix account.
Our step-by-step guide shows how to delete Netflix account, yet the first step you should make is signing in to your account on Netflix
- The first step you should make is to launch your browser and go to the following website: https://www.netflix.com/.
In order to sign in to your Netflix account, you need to provide your email address and password
- On the main page of Netflix, you will get to see the “Sign in” button placed in the right-upper corner. Click on it.
Eventually, you will have to select “Account” in the menu of settings, and you will be able to see how to delete Netflix account exactly on that page
- Now, you will have to complete the Netflix sign in procedure. In order to log in to your Netflix account and find out how to delete Netflix account of yours, enter your email address in the first field and password in the second field. After that, click on the red “Sign in” button.
Unfortunately, there is no possibility of erasing all your data on Netflix immediately – only cancelling the membership by clicking on this button
- Once you have accessed the Netflix page with movies, you should move your mouse over your name and click on your profile photo.
As you can see, your data will be stored on Netflix for at least 10 months more
- After triggering a pop-up menu, you should select the “Account” menu item in order to proceed further.
At the end, you will get to see such a message, meaning that you have just cancelled your subscription on Netflix
- On the page of your Netflix account settings, you are able to cancel your membership, which is almost equal to your Netflix account termination. In order to do that, you need to click on the “Cancel Membership” button, located on the left at the top.
You will also receive a notification about the cancellation of your subscription onto your email address
- After doing so, Netflix will ask you once again whether you want to stop using your Netflix account. Then, you need to click on the “Finish Cancellation” button.
- Once you have clicked that button, you will get to see a notification that a confirmation of the subscription cancellation has been sent to your email address. You will be able to keep using your Netflix account until the end of the subscription period. This way, you have learnt about how to remove Netflix account within a couple of minutes.